+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newcastle v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I do not understand when we have a free kick some where after the half way line near the wing, why do 2 players have to stand near the ball ,as if it could be an out swinger or an in swinger? Surely its not a big difference ,and that 2nd player could move down the wing more as an option to attack? Now what's going to happen? Will their defence counter act this and send a player wider just in case it has been passed down the wing? Then if it is sent to that player on the wing is it not a dangerous ball for a defence to deal with? This game is an agony to watch.
    It is something I have been wondering about for ages Balan.Why waste a man standing next to the man who will take the free kick especially when the free kick is obviously going to be a cross.
    Throw ins are my other gripe.

Well done to those who stayed to the bitter end, as soon as the goal went in, I switched to watching the horse-racing. Some of you lads are made of sterner stuff than me, or are just gluttons for punishment.

It's a long long time since I was as depressed after a defeat as I was yesterday.I really thought this was the game when things would pick up.We were awful and now without Cornet.Where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    It's a long long time since I was as depressed after a defeat as I was yesterday.I really thought this was the game when things would pick up.We were awful and now without Cornet.Where do we go from here?
    Back to the Championship my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Back to the Championship my mate.
    Big fish in a small pond or will this lot struggle there too?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Big fish in a small pond or will this lot struggle there too?
    It's really hard to know Chris, just what are our new owners up to, will Dyche stay, if he does go who will replace him. The Championship should be our natural habitat, we should be OK at that level. But it's a funny old game football, there are no guarantees.

Sorry lads, but I am a little harsh on what happened 'up there'.

A dismal performance, to some depressing. As I see it the 'buck' stops with Dyce.
    At the beginning of the season we played 'hoofball',some of you lads mentioned this ,its now December and we are still playing 'hoofball'. So where does the buck stop? The word 'progress' ? It's not written in the Burnley way? Who gives/makes the strategy /tactics, etc, the how , or ''how do we play today''? The buck stops with Dyce! Yes, has some say '' worked wonders with the team ,but now that magic has gone! When Cornet is playing ,it does seem to bring out in the players some creativity ,fighting spirit etc. When he is not there, it fisses down as in a thunder storm! Who the hell pressed the 'panic button?
    It seems to me Dyce puts more of an emphases on defending ,certainly not on attacking. His football philosophy seems to be, ''if we can defend well, the other team will find it difficult to score ,and we could nip something,''
    This goal kicking upfield from Pope. (schoolboy football). What can become of it? What can Woods, or any other forward really achieve from it? Plus with defenders also jumping, what can he do, its very difficult? ( maybe from 15 ;hoofballs; like this Woods can manage with just 2 or 3 good headers to an attacking player ,that is 30-40 m, from the opponents goals, then the ball is bouncing, to control it takes time. ( we are not Man U ,or Chelski, with players of 30 - 50- million quality) Then a lot of passing, lets just say, passed high or bouncing ,they will not trim the daisy son the field. A bouncing ball is difficult to control! ( in time perhaps it can be more than a second)
    I have never been a goalkeeper, but if a goalie goes for a ball in a crowd of players ,should he not fist the ball away? But the next game must be better ! Time for another coffee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)