+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Brizzle v Rams

In the event of liquidation we could, indeed, reform as Abu Dhabi County or similar but may well not start at the bottom of the pyramid. Sav's pet project at Macc didn't. They began their first competitive season in the North West Counties Premier Division, the fifth step of the National League system. Not at the bottom. I'd hope ADC would start either there or in the National League. Hoping for L2 isn't on IMO.

The admins seem confident of naming their preferred bidder this week, until that fails, I'm not going to worry about it. More concerned about how we restructure our club to prevent freefall through the leagues naturally!

I may be wrong but at the time of the loans from MSD I'm sure I read that they were secured against the stadium, a lot was said that if we default on the repayments then they get the ground and that's how MSD have operate and secure their loans, so MM might not have a stadium to give us and we might be playing our home games at Meadow Lane?

To quote...."Although the exact amount of the loan is unknown, charges on the football club's Companies House records confirm the loan, which is secured against the club and its intellectual property such as the stadium and training ground".....

if we are in the lower reaches of the football pyramid following liquidation, then not having access to PP may be the least of our problems. if we go into liquidation then the existing lease arrangement between Mel's Gellawco and the club will disappear anyway. If MSD get control of the ground, its only use would be to re-lease it to Derby City, who couldnt afford even the minimum rent and operating costs on such a big stadium with no TV money, virtually no sponsorship and a few quid ground admission for games against the likes of Borrowash Victoria and Heanor.

So even if MSD enforce their charge over the ground in satisfaction of debt, what can they do with it? A new Derby couldn't afford it, I doubt any other local club (eg For*st)would want to play there, so maybe demolish it to build a car park or another large shop or two. A football ground isnt going to be worth £ 80 million with no football team to rent it. Liquidation doesn't really work for anyone, but the reality is that there may not be anyone sufficiently interested enough to stop it happening.

So, if we have to reform a club at or near the pyramid base, the question is:

What name should we adopt
    What nickname?
    What home colours?

Assume for one minute that the liquidators own the IP in the existing brand, so we couldnt use it

leaving MSD with a white elephant, facing limited economic options

IP? Not an acronym of which I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    To quote...."Although the exact amount of the loan is unknown, charges on the football club's Companies House records confirm the loan, which is secured against the club and its intellectual property such as the stadium and training ground".....
    DCFC doesn't own the training ground, it belongs to a "well known Derbyshire family". I don't know which one.

IP = Intellectual property / brand in this case

Obviously you know a great deal more than I do on that subject GP but my memory was right and there is actually something there that could bite us in the rear..... technically legally whether MSD enforce it is another matter but the chance is there isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

So even if MSD enforce their charge over the ground in satisfaction of debt, what can they do with it? A new Derby couldn't afford it, I doubt any other local club (eg For*st)would want to play there, so maybe demolish it to build a car park or another large shop or two.
    There is a recent precedent for the demolishing of a fairly new (Newer than Pride Park) UK sports stadium. Rockingham Motor Speedway near Corby was built in 2001 (PP:1997) for £70m (PP:£28m) and after not achieving the targets on its business plan, was demolishedin 2019 and is now a big lorry park.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)