+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Matchday Thread: Brizzle v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...point taken. At least we’re all agreeing...even you and Swale.

The point Swale makes about the new lack of urgency is also sadly very true. Prior to the second points deduction there was a real need to get things sorted by the opening of the window. That has now disappeared from the point of view of ‘relegation’ having become a virtual certainty. The best it seems we can now hope for is nothing worse than starting next season in League One and hanging on to some, I doubt it will be all, of our young talent.
    Perhaps we should stick to the agreement/respectful disagreement relating to sports then

One thing you're missing is that lack of communication doesn't mean lack of urgency. As I've mentioned I've skirted round big administrations and been directly involved in buying out of administration at slightly smaller (and waaaay less complicated) levels and to go colloquial 'its a bugger'. There may be folk working 24/7 on this on behalf of all interested parties, but by their nature such folk are better at getting their noses into the job in question rather than onto social media

Actually I have...sort of. I suggested initially that Morris should settle the HMRC debt, because of the nature of the debt acquired on his ‘watch’.
    If the ultimate debt was reduced by £28m, by someone with estimated wealth that remains in excess of £500m, then surely a sale would be more likely.
    But that can't happen now he has called in the administrators, he could pay a sum of money in but it would be for the administrators to allocate that money according to the rules governing administration and the status of each set of creditors.

Once Mel put the club into administration he effectively lost all control of the club and of course limited his liabilities. Mel is actually a creditor, so he can waive any debt owed to him, which I understand he has said he will do.

He could of course have paid a proportion or all of the HMRC debt prior to administration, but then the whole point of administration was that he could not or was no longer willing, to meet the costs of running the club.

In effect there will be an offer from Kirchner or whoever, for the club, the administrators will assess that offer and if it seems viable, negotiate with the preferred creditors and say this is how much of your debt you will get under this deal, otherwise it will be liquidation which is estimated to raise £x.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I don't know how much Mel was hoping or expecting to sell the club for bearing in mind the stadium on its own was valued at 80m but in my simple mind the club should come for free if the new owner takes on and settles the debts otherwise with a £50/60million debt plus the cost to buy the club plus the cost to buy the stadium and Moor farm from Mel I can't see us being sold anytime soon
    Mel is only entitled to any debt owed to him by the club, or a proportion of it. Any sale will be to meet debts, or an agreement to pay them off at a set rate.

Yep...point taken. At least we’re all agreeing...even you and Swale.

The point Swale makes about the new lack of urgency is also sadly very true. Prior to the second points deduction there was a real need to get things sorted by the opening of the window. That has now disappeared from the point of view of ‘relegation’ having become a virtual certainty. The best it seems we can now hope for is nothing worse than starting next season in League One and hanging on to some, I doubt it will be all, of our young talent.
    Its on matters of fact so difficult to disagree really.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)