+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Brizzle v Rams

Matchday Thread: Brizzle v Rams

OK what about this one?

This to me is MUCH more of an acid test of our chances of survival than the previous trio of games, 4 points from 9 against the 3 of the top 4 aint bad once the disappointment of QPR fades.

But Brizzle are different,a so-so side that we must start picking up wins against, not even draws.

anyone got any hopes?

1-0 to the Rams, not based on anything other than fancying it.

Sorry, AF, but the ‘acid test’ - in terms of survival - has been and gone...when those additional nine points were taken away.
    We are 19 points away from safety. Even with the 21 points that have been deducted we’d still be in a relegation fight. Without it Saturday would see a genuine six pointer but Brizzle, poor as they might be, are still 22 (!) points ahead of us.
    Things seem unlikely to improve in January. If it was ‘just’ 12 points and we could genuinely strengthen in the next window I’d still have some hope but as it is, the most we can expect is some positive movement on the ownership front, the possible beginnings of strengthening for League One next season and a vast improvement on Monday night to earn another ultimately futile point from Ashton Gate.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-12-2021 at 09:47 AM.

It's an uphill task but staying up is not yet mission impossible. It is mission highly improbable though. If we are to perform the Great Escape then we need to win games like this one. I'm going for a win.

So, let's say we start picking up points, what good will it do us when we go into liquidation?

I appreciate this is just a daily mail story, but I don't see HMRC backing off the debt to the extent that is reported as necessary. And, to be honest, parochial issues aside, they shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So, let's say we start picking up points, what good will it do us when we go into liquidation?

I appreciate this is just a daily mail story, but I don't see HMRC backing off the debt to the extent that is reported as necessary. And, to be honest, parochial issues aside, they shouldn't.
    Agreed, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Your area of expertise, GP...but isn’t this element of the debt £28m...and, as MA has pointed out previously, doesn’t a certain Mel Morris have a moral responsibility to sort this aspect of the debt out from his estimated £500m and remove the risk of liquidation although clearly not relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Your area of expertise, GP...but isn’t this element of the debt £28m...and, as MA has pointed out previously, doesn’t a certain Mel Morris have a moral responsibility to sort this aspect of the debt out from his estimated £500m and remove the risk of liquidation although clearly not relegation.
    Moral, yes, legal, no, and for many reasons he may not even think he is morally obligated - the seeds of that line of thought were clearly evident when he started his radio Derby interview with blaming our woes on Covid. Complex is the mind of the successful businessman

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Aaaah, love your idealism in some cases rA, but, as Tina Turner famously didn't sing "What's morals go to do with it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Moral, yes, legal, no, and for many reasons he may not even think he is morally obligated - the seeds of that line of thought were clearly evident when he started his radio Derby interview with blaming our woes on Covid. Complex is the mind of the successful businessman
    Clearly he has no legal obligation, AF, and I have never suggested otherwise.
    As a long term Rams fan however, and as a successful businessman worth in excess of £500m (allegedly), I don’t see the problem with him forking out a fraction of that amount to protect the club he professes to love (again allegedly) from the worst (not all) of what happened on his ‘watch’.

Is that ‘idealistic’, GP? Utterly reasonable to my way of thinking. He ducked us up (not singlehandedly)...now he should sort out what he can.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)