+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Much loved Mp

Much loved Mp

Why are all Mps described as "Much loved" when they die but are never described as that whilst breathing.

Like all teams that are live on tv (especially on the bbc) "like to get the ball down and play"......when 95% of teams don't......I heard McFadden saying that about Darvel the other day.🙄

Also "magnifficent" is a punters word that covers everything from bog standard average to pretty guid.

Boy in the Derry used to shout "c'mon Hartley do something" he never really specified what.....just something he felt was better than nothing........I keep waiting on him popping up on tv as I'm convinced he must be a member of sage or have an advisers posistion within govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why are all Mps described as "Much loved" when they die but are never described as that whilst breathing.

Like all teams that are live on tv (especially on the bbc) "like to get the ball down and play"......when 95% of teams don't......I heard McFadden saying that about Darvel the other day.🙄

Also "magnifficent" is a punters word that covers everything from bog standard average to pretty guid.

Boy in the Derry used to shout "c'mon Hartley do something" he never really specified what.....just something he felt was better than nothing........I keep waiting on him popping up on tv as I'm convinced he must be a member of sage or have an advisers posistion within govt.
    With you there especially with the overuse of the superlatives on tv and in 'real life' these days. Everything is either brilliant, as you say, or wonderful, fantastic, amazing etc. etc.; it does my head in. 'Celebrities' come away with them all the time. Even the most mundane 'fact' or experience is greeted with amazing or some such. Even folk in the street are at it now. "Aldi's sprouts are a penny cheaper than Lidl's" "Amazing". "Managed to haul myself out of bed five minutes earlier today". "Brilliant". Or "The bus was on time today". "Fantastic" although I suppose I have a bit of sympathy for the last one.

How about :- "The roof's blown off Tannadump and maybe the DAB prats will have to refrain from criticising the old stand at Dens now". "Now that is just brilliant, fantastic, awesome".

When anyone dies they're 'much loved' or 'respected by their peers' - unless they die in jail. It's as if when people die all the bad things they ever done during their lives are forgotten and only the good things still exist. Also seems to be the case that if you dislike someone when they're alive you automatically like them if they should die.

The evil Margaret Thatcher is an example of how it should be done, loathed by most right thinking people in life then her death not mourned or even celebrated by a vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    With you there especially with the overuse of the superlatives on tv and in 'real life' these days. Everything is either brilliant, as you say, or wonderful, fantastic, amazing etc. etc.; it does my head in. 'Celebrities' come away with them all the time. Even the most mundane 'fact' or experience is greeted with amazing or some such. Even folk in the street are at it now. "Aldi's sprouts are a penny cheaper than Lidl's" "Amazing". "Managed to haul myself out of bed five minutes earlier today". "Brilliant". Or "The bus was on time today". "Fantastic" although I suppose I have a bit of sympathy for the last one.

How about :- "The roof's blown off Tannadump and maybe the DAB prats will have to refrain from criticising the old stand at Dens now". "Now that is just brilliant, fantastic, awesome".
    Legend......another one taken too soon....sleeping with the angels...my personal irritations.

And fitba wise......"not enough purchase on it"......Ron Atkinson started that.

And I know that this shouldn't annoy me but it does......in a shop once the transaction is complete and you have your change......"Will that be all for you today".......of course it will, otherwise I wuda said before I got my change.

Thing that get's me just now is "so".....Hello what's your name?...So I'm Tom, a hello Tom and what do you do?...So I'm a brain surgeon...and where you from ...So ...I'm from London

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    Thing that get's me just now is "so".....Hello what's your name?...So I'm Tom, a hello Tom and what do you do?...So I'm a brain surgeon...and where you from ...So ...I'm from London
    Correct. It is so annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Legend......another one taken too soon....sleeping with the angels...my personal irritations.

And fitba wise......"not enough purchase on it"......Ron Atkinson started that.

And I know that this shouldn't annoy me but it does......in a shop once the transaction is complete and you have your change......"Will that be all for you today".......of course it will, otherwise I wuda said before I got my change.
    There's plenty we can go on about...but surely never a bigger waste of salary/space than that Scouse c😄nt Mcmanaman on BT Sport... Anything"Fletch" says he just replies "yeah"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)