+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A tonking, decisive big win

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    im not confident we will survive this season. We needed to beat Brentford and a goalkeeping howler and a deflected goal ensured we dropped 2 points.
    Then a ridiculous red card against the ****test team in the division besides ourselves made sure we had an uphill battle to get a point.

Burnley are not a good side but they are well drilled and fit as fiddles, That big Aussie lad up front always scores against us.

Our team are shot of confidence, Schar plays for his country and wins the group for the world cup that contained Italy.
    Frazer plays out of his skin for his country, Lewis the same but once they get back to us, they are truly awful.

Maybe they have given up because of the takeover and they know their days are numbered.
    The fans are trying, Shelvey and Joelinton are the best 2 players in our squad at the moment, i never thought in a million years i would ever think that. Fortune is against us at the minute, St Maximin is playing as an individual lately and doesnt pass simply runs into nothing, Willock is a shadow of the player we had last year and his body language looks like he has made a mistake and regrets it.

Wilson is falling to the floor like a cheap tarts knickers instead of having a shot.
    Clark, where the **** do i start!
    Lascelles is a mouthy roundabout who takes half an hour to turn around.
    Fede cant get a look in at the moment and i think theres more to that situation
    Darlow is a good goalie when Dubravka is injured but turns into a sunday league keeper the closer to fitness Dubravka gets.

Everything about our side at the moment is a million miles away from a side that want to save their own PL status.
    IF we are going to have any chance of staying up, we need to take all 3 points convincingly against Burnley and maybe snatch a few points at Leicester and Everton but more than anything we need to give ourselves a chance and get the 3 points asap

sorry if thats a bit of a rant but i hate listening to the managers going through the motions saying we will all stick together and keep working to save the season, its like rolling dog shlt in glitter, its sparkly and looks shiny but its still dog **** underneath
    Good rant that.

Of course, every part of me wants them to win; especially my heart. But my brain tells me that they won't.

The hill gets steeper every week and I still keep faith that we'll climb it in the end - even after what by all indications is going to be a disastrous December.

IMHO, even though it will probably be too late by then, I can't see anything other than January shopping keeping us up. These players just aren't good enough.

If we stay up, all credit will have to go to Howay turning around a bunch of misfits.

Each week, I just can't see it with just the players in our current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Good rant that.

Of course, every part of me wants them to win; especially my heart. But my brain tells me that they won't.

The hill gets steeper every week and I still keep faith that we'll climb it in the end - even after what by all indications is going to be a disastrous December.

IMHO, even though it will probably be too late by then, I can't see anything other than January shopping keeping us up. These players just aren't good enough.

If we stay up, all credit will have to go to Howay turning around a bunch of misfits.

Each week, I just can't see it with just the players in our current squad.

Of course, you are right Trini, but although underperforming because of the past couple of seasons under the three stooges, Bruce, Fatso, and Teaboy, Howe will get the best out of what he has until the time comes that he can improve and replace.

The two biggest flops under the previous flops (three idiots) just prove that there is something there to work on presently. I refer to Shelvey's and Jolinton's vast improvement and more so that those two players are enjoying it.

Get to the winter window in touch with the coattails of the division and three or four decent loans or signings will make a world of difference.

I'd take a flukey 3 points but agree with Pat that we could really do with a proper convincing result. We've had yet another week under Eddie to try and drill his ideas of actually attacking teams into our players heads. So I'm really hoping we can actually pull something decent off today. I think if we win convincingly we can then take that confidence into the next few games and maybe pick up a point here and there.

Dunno Pat.

It's like - on one side, anybody can say Jolo is sh'it. But on the other side everyone knows he puts in a shift even when he is playing rubbish. I've always seen him take part in build-up play, which is unglamorous and doesn't help his stats. He's clearly got a good attitude and is willing to do what's asked of him. Howe can clearly improve him and has but my crisis in confidence is whether he could ever rise to the level necessary to keep us up.

Same for Shelvey. Slap Head (I can call him that because I too am follicly challenged) has always had talent. But it is caked over with layers of rash actions, laziness, bad decision making, choosing the bad option from his massive repertoire of passes, etc. Howe can fix him. But this is a massive ask and we are going into a dark place now.

The list goes on. Many of these players have +ve attributes but he doesn't have the time to mould them.

We need new, higher quality players for the level of results we will need by January.

I agree we need better quality players but until we get them EH has to work with, kid, cajole those he has, to get more out of them than they have got.

In other words, he has to get more out of them than they are actually capable of giving.

I look at the position we were in when KK first came as manager with a bunch of average players and a couple of good ones underachieving and what he got out of them and how quickly he did it. Mainly by psychology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)