+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think the owners will do?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah when you look at that squad in '18, along with the players mentioned, we also had Hammill, Bradshaw, and both McBurnie and Gardiner on loan.
    That shouldn't have been a relegation squad, and had it not been for Bolton's very lucky last 5 minutes on the final day, they and Mr Morais would have stayed up!!.

It didn't take me long though to think that this could and should be Lg One promotion again straight away. And I think I thought it pretty much after the first away game, an easy win at Bradford.

A lot has changed though in the four seasons since then!.
    If Kieffer and Woodrow had played together for even two thirds of the season never mind the one third they did because of their injuries we'd have won the league by an absolute mile .

Possibly over one hundred points .

The majority of the home games were a formality and we scored loads of goals on the road .

Four at Rochdale , Peterborough , Gillingham and Wimbledon for example .

Once we reigned Pompey and Sundeland in after Xmas I knew we we were going to do it .

I remember Pompey blowing a three goal lead at Southend live on sky and we beat them a fortnight later with 10 men 3-0 .

The only thing that worried me was when Kieffer was out and anything happened to Woodrow .

I even created a 'souvenir' thread for that Lg One 2018-19 promotion season lol.
    It was a match highlights of every game thread, in both League and cup, and either win loss or draw as well, they are all on there.
    Oddly enough though, I wouldn't have fancied our chances as much if we had got dragged into the play offs.

As for those other first seasons back in Lg One under Steve Parkin & Danny Wilson, I seem to remember they started disappointingly and never improved. So that promotion feeling never happened on those occasions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12