+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You're the manager

You're the manager

What do you if Kyle Wootton is suspended for 3 games or injured and due to miss no more than 2/3 games?

Without bringing anybody in, so using the current squad options only, who do you select in his place and what formation do you adopt? Do you keep the system and formation the same and simply replace him with another forward.? Or do you adjust the lineup more to adjust to having no Wootton?

Interested to hear other fans thoughts if our key centre forward is only absent for a couple of games as this is my biggest concern with the current playing squad.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What do you if Kyle Wootton is suspended for 3 games or injured and due to miss no more than 2/3 games?

Without bringing anybody in, so using the current squad options only, who do you select in his place and what formation do you adopt? Do you keep the system and formation the same and simply replace him with another forward.? Or do you adjust the lineup more to adjust to having no Wootton?

Interested to hear other fans thoughts if our key centre forward is only absent for a couple of games as this is my biggest concern with the current playing squad.
    I don't think this is a big deal and probably will happen at some point. There's enough goals in the rest of the team.
    IB would probably keep it simple, no change in formation - Mitchell and Sam are in line so would one would slot in, in that order. Neither have had much of a chance at showing what they can do as starters so this is the big chance that hopefully they're ready for.

What would freak out the opposition and possibly be a revelation would be Rodders as false 9 with 4 or 5 runners (from Mitchell/Sam, Vincent, Nemane, JOB, Taylor, Roberts ) constantly making runs from deep.

I think fans should be more worried if Ruben goes out for any length of time, got a feeling Notts without his creativity would be a far easier proposition for NL defences.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I don't think this is a big deal and probably will happen at some point. There's enough goals in the rest of the team.
    IB would probably keep it simple, no change in formation - Mitchell and Sam are in line so would one would slot in, in that order. Neither have had much of a chance at showing what they can do as starters so this is the big chance that hopefully they're ready for.

What would freak out the opposition and possibly be a revelation would be Rodders as false 9 with 4 or 5 runners (from Mitchell/Sam, Vincent, Nemane, JOB, Taylor, Roberts ) constantly making runs from deep.

I think fans should be more worried if Ruben goes out for any length of time, got a feeling Notts without his creativity would be a far easier proposition for NL defences.
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ This.

My first thought was play Rodders as a "false" No.9

………………………Slocombe

……..Brindley…..Lacey…..Cameron….Taylor

………...Vincent……..Palmer……..O’Brien

……………Rodrigues……..Roberts

………………………Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    ………………………Slocombe

……..Brindley…..Lacey…..Cameron….Taylor

………...Vincent……..Palmer……..O’Brien

……………Rodrigues……..Roberts

………………………Mitchell
    Because it's Christmas?

If that did happen and we have to rely on Mitchell or Sam, then we're F@@ked

Surely if a straight swap is chosen it's Mitchell not Sam?

Both Kyle and Rùben would be a big loss for any game but I would worry more if Woots was missing. Harder to replace.

I definitely think there’s a player in Mitchell, seems to get some stick on here from some but I’m not sure based on what really. I can’t see us losing both RR and KW and tbf CR has got nowhere near his potential levels yet, we were talking about him as our best player by far not too long ago. On the question I think Mitchell would go in but I do think Burchnall would be more than comfortable trying a false 9.

I would go and get a striker on loan, as what we have are just not good enough..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would go and get a striker on loan, as what we have are just not good enough..
    So close.

I think Mitchell or False 9 as suggested.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast