+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lies

Lies

There are plenty of accusations of club executives being habitual liers. This occurrs most often in the cases of John Nixon and Nigel Clibbens. But are these accusations legitimate? I think not.

JN is, quite rightly, unpopular with the overwhelming majority of supporters. They often list his legion of faults, which it is perfectly reasonable to do. Then they add on the extra fault, that he is in the habit of telling lies. He is certainly not in the habit of telling lies. In the next day or two I will show irrefutable evidence on here of JN telling a lie but this is not a habit of his.

NC does not tell lies, that is my belief. He is unpopular with a significant percentage of supporters because they believe that he does not supply enough of the very important information to supporters. He may well be justified in this because to supply this information may well have a detrimental effect on the club, were it to be known to other clubs. He may also be under orders from Holdings not to supply some information to supporters. So, he has to inhibit the supply of some information that supporters are keen to know. This makes him unpopular. No doubt supporters can also add other matters to a list of his faults, including the telling of lies. Since NC has arrived there has been a steadily increasing amount of information supplied to supporters and he does not tell lies.

Here is the point. Some folk who dislike JN and NC claim that both of them are frequent liers, so to speak. This is not the case at all. Anyone who wishes to state that either of them is a frequent lier should provide specific evidence to prove it. Hearsay is not evidence. Amongst that which may be regarded as evidence is a quote from an article on the club's website written by either of them, or an audio clip, or a piece of video. Not only do we need evidence that they have actually written or said it but also we need evidence that it is a lie.

I can provide evidence of JN telling a lie and will do so on here. But in no way do I make a claim that he is a habitual lier. A couple of folk who no longer post on here were often aghast when asked to actually provide evidence of their bizarre assertions, simply because they could not produce such evidence. Foul and abusive language ensued, which was utterly pathetic.
    Last edited by 6EQUJ5; 03-12-2021 at 02:06 PM.

I do not know him and I do not know if he is a liar. What concerns me is his track record as an Owner / Director of the club and that he hands over his shares sooner rather than later preferably at the price of what he paid.

Let's not steer this thread away from its topic. It is about the issue of supporters claiming that JN and NC are routinely liars. It is about
    nothing else.

Anyone wanting to criticize any other aspect of the ownership can do so on another thread which is about such a topic.

I’ve had occasional dealings with Nigel and he has my respect. I don’t think that he could have fully understand how his role would be used by the owners but he buckled down and does a good job. I haven’t dealt with JN at all so I cn’t comment.

Quote Originally Posted by 6EQUJ5 View Post
    There are plenty of accusations of club executives being habitual liers. This occurrs most often in the cases of John Nixon and Nigel Clibbens. But are these accusations legitimate? I think not.

JN is, quite rightly, unpopular with the overwhelming majority of supporters. They often list his legion of faults, which it is perfectly reasonable to do. Then they add on the extra fault, that he is in the habit of telling lies. He is certainly not in the habit of telling lies. In the next day or two I will show irrefutable evidence on here of JN telling a lie but this is not a habit of his.

NC does not tell lies, that is my belief. He is unpopular with a significant percentage of supporters because they believe that he does not supply enough of the very important information to supporters. He may well be justified in this because to supply this information may well have a detrimental effect on the club, were it to be known to other clubs. He may also be under orders from Holdings not to supply some information to supporters. So, he has to inhibit the supply of some information that supporters are keen to know. This makes him unpopular. No doubt supporters can also add other matters to a list of his faults, including the telling of lies. Since NC has arrived there has been a steadily increasing amount of information supplied to supporters and he does not tell lies.

Here is the point. Some folk who dislike JN and NC claim that both of them are frequent liers, so to speak. This is not the case at all. Anyone who wishes to state that either of them is a frequent lier should provide specific evidence to prove it. Hearsay is not evidence. Amongst that which may be regarded as evidence is a quote from an article on the club's website written by either of them, or an audio clip, or a piece of video. Not only do we need evidence that they have actually written or said it but also we need evidence that it is a lie.

I can provide evidence of JN telling a lie and will do so on here. But in no way do I make a claim that he is a habitual lier. A couple of folk who no longer post on here were often aghast when asked to actually provide evidence of their bizarre assertions, simply because they could not produce such evidence. Foul and abusive language ensued, which was utterly pathetic.
    Ok! - quick ones

On radio “there’s no one interested in the club” when Lapping was talking to them.

There’s a genuine billionaire interested

Loads more - I can dig them out if needed

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    Ok! - quick ones

On radio “there’s no one interested in the club” when Lapping was talking to them.

There’s a genuine billionaire interested

Loads more - I can dig them out if needed
    Who is the billionaire,is it Lappy? I know that he's very well off but a billionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Who is the billionaire,is it Lappy? I know that he's very well off but a billionaire?
    Chalky, the Lapping reference was from late autumn 2014, when official talks with Andrew Lapping were about to start.

After the t­wats found a feeble excuse to terminate the talks in late spring 2015 they stated that a billionaire was interested but did not give a name. Eventually they gave the name Kirdi. A five minute search on the internet quickly proved that the Kirdi supposed credible interest was a sham, he had several pizza shops and was absolutely not credible as a prospective owner. It is clear that the b­astards were just using the Kirdi situation to make supporters forget the shameful termination of the Lapping talks. Either that or in almost 2 years they could not check out Kirdi in the manner that any child could do on the internet in 5 minutes.

Sorry I didn't realise that the information wasn't up to date,what's the chances of the current owners selling up to somebody else who could maybe take the club forward? They must know that they aren't wanted there,the trouble is back in 2009 Notts was taken over by a billionaires company Munto Finance who was fronted by a shyster called Russell King (Google him) and by the end of the season we was champions but unable to pay our milk bill,it was all a sham,we nearly finished as a club and Notts County would have just been a forgotten club so remember that all that glissens isn't gold

The current owners selling is a problem. They are cemented into position by personal guarantees which they had to sign in case of default on a loan provided by a REAL billionaire, Philip Day, which is now about £2.37 million. They aren’t even paying off the interest so it continues to increase. Day is the man behind Edinburgh Woollen Mills and other companies. So, they can’t just walk away or sell the Club without the debt being paid off by them or someone else and they may not have that money readily available. The best guess is that they are waiting for some income from previous player sales - Dean Henderson at Man-ewe is one such, the rumour being that we have a large percentage of any sell-on fee coming which could any that debt off completely. So, they lurk.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)