+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Huddersfield match thoughts

Yeah we said it last week as well at Peterbrough. They were there for the taking and just two draws against average opposition is four points dropped in the long run.

I do try to look for and listen for consolation though, and admittedly we were hoping Poya could at least make us more hard to beat, while also hopefully making us more determined and competitive. Its going to be a long hard season but, we've dropped that losing mentality even if it was against two average teams.

Without wanting to dig out the new HC so early in to his tenure and I respectively acknowledge he's improved us since he took over although that wouldn't be difficult when all is said and done .

But please why are you taking Styles off for Jordan Williams with five minutes to go in a home game drawing 1-1 ? .

Ffs Williams ain't going to get you a goal but Styles possibly could .

I take the point Styles may have had a knock but that didn't look the case to me .

Me neither .

I was a bit worried with more changes to begin with, Cole and Benson this time were dropped to the bench.

And speaking of Benson, I think Luke G made a good comment about him recently on Tykes tv. Saying hes still an inexperienced lad who was loaned out to a struggling Lg Two team recently, and hes not a Premier league quality player. Even though we did of course get him from Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was a bit worried with more changes to begin with, Cole and Benson this time were dropped to the bench.

And speaking of Benson, I think Luke G made a good comment about him recently on Tykes tv. Saying hes still an inexperienced lad who was loaned out to a struggling Lg Two team recently, and hes not a Premier league quality player. Even though we did of course get him from Burnley.
    That's the whole ethos of the club Acido isn't it ?

Young talent who they can sell on for a profit but not necessarily what's required to sustain championship football .

Yeah I know that their aim is to bring in kids like that, and sell them on for profit. It seems like they have little or no interest what long term effect and lack of stability it has on the team though!.

I had hopes that Benson and Gomes could be a good match up for the season. But obviously if either of them were better Premier league quality, then neither of them would be coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah I know that their aim is to bring in kids like that, and sell them on for profit. It seems like they have little or no interest what long term effect and lack of stability it has on the team though!.

I had hopes that Benson and Gomes could be a good match up for the season. But obviously if either of them were better Premier league quality, then neither of them would be coming here.
    There's only one man to blame for this debacle and that's the tw@t who was running the club in the summer .

Namely Conway .

I know of no other club in the championship whose staff would have bolted for the door at the first opportunity having seen the team achieve its 4th best ever season .

That is purely down to the culture at the club in my opinion .

The culture at a football club is created by the ownership .

If you have an above average amount of people leaving any place of work rapidly then it doesn't take a genius to work out something isn't right .

That's even factoring the money side of the game .

The CEO chose the car crash of a club that is Nottingham Forest rather than believe in building on last season .

That said it all for me , privately he couldn't get away quick enough because he knew it was total bull shyte here .

Our first signing was Devante Cole ffs .

Who the feck finished 5th in the championship with 78 points and signs Devante Cole if you are serious about kicking on ? .

It's even more two bob than its ever been .

The club fully deserves where it sits tonight but the fans don't deserve this shyte show who have consistently backed this club with ST's despite seeing every bit of progress cut short almost instantly .

That goes back to Cryne too , the Mark Robins tenure and the infamous January window of 2017 through to Stendel on to something and last season under Val .

Just how many kicks in the b@llax do you absorb before you chalk feck it on the thing .

We aren't a massive championship club but neither are we the smallest either .

But we are run like we are .

An enjoyable match for the neutral. A fair result although it could have gone either way that second half.Good finish from Morris to get back level.
    Goalkeeper is fine, Anderson is good, Callum Styles is quality.
    Was it Palmer and Gomes in midfield ? If so it didn't work, two similar players and not strong enough in the tackle.
    Never seen the ball given away so many times.
    He needs to ditch the three up front, it's not working, try playing 3-5-2 with a couple of attacking midfielders may just bring a few more goals.
    Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't watch them every week there doesn't seem to be too much out and out pace especially out wide both sides.
    He needs a midfield general, a gaffer, a Glavin, Redfearn. The difficulty will be finding someone like that that's prepared for a relegation battle.
    You're not doomed yet although there's some difficult games shortly. Need to keep in touch with the fourth and fifth from bottom and hope he can do some wheeling and dealing in January.

Saying the obvious....home draws against teams like Huddersfield are not good enough.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 04-12-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    An enjoyable match for the neutral. A fair result although it could have gone either way that second half.Good finish from Morris to get back level.
    Was it Palmer and Gomes in midfield ? If so it didn't work, two similar players and not strong enough in the tackle.
    He needs to ditch the three up front, it's not working, try playing 3-5-2 with a couple of attacking midfielders may just bring a few more goals.
    Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't watch them every week there doesn't seem to be too much out and out pace especially out wide both sides.
    He needs a midfield general, a gaffer, a Glavin, Redfearn. The difficulty will be finding someone like that that's prepared for a relegation battle.
    You're not doomed yet although there's some difficult games shortly. Need to keep in touch with the fourth and fifth from bottom and hope he can do some wheeling and dealing in January.

Saying the obvious....home draws against teams like Huddersfield are not good enough.
    Frank we've been saying it since September that we need the five in midfield and go with the two up top .

I've given it up this season to be honest and looking for signs we can be super competitive next season in league one .

That could go either way to be honest with the problems we are likely to face financially .

The club won't be able to rely on a 10k ST takeup next season by any means which we've relied on previously to be a decent player at league one level .

My gut instinct is that it will get worse before it gets better .

Stability is a massive ingredient in football which is something you have at Rotherham and we don't .

That sounds like a good accurate assessment there uncle Frank lol, do you fancy a job doing match reviews like that on here on a regular basis. 😉

Yeah we could do with a Glavin, Gray, Agnew, Redfearn, Hignett, Hourihane type midfield general and goalscorer. But they are hard to find of course.

Its looking inevitable that we are heading back to Lg One, and ok yes we've been there before. But things are getting harder now under these appalling owners and like Animal suggested, it could get a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

Genuine question for you Frank as a football and a fair man .

Does our club on impression give you any kind of thoughts that it's owned by a consortium of owners who are worth collectively £9bn ?

The state of the stadium , the match day experience or the quality on the field ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast