+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Barnsley v Huddersfield match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That sounds like a good accurate assessment there uncle Frank lol, do you fancy a job doing match reviews like that on here on a regular basis. 

Yeah we could do with a Glavin, Gray, Agnew, Redfearn, Hignett, Hourihane type midfield general and goalscorer. But they are hard to find of course.

Its looking inevitable that we are heading back to Lg One, and ok yes we've been there before. But things are getting harder now under these appalling owners and like Animal suggested, it could get a lot worse.

Too bloody cold at Oakwell.....
    Not been that cold since doing a streak round Nottingham City centre on a stag party January 1971...

The owners will have to make a decision at the end of the season Acido.
    If the worst comes to the worst and relegation happens that's a big hit financially and they may choose to offload the club.
    If they don't offload and are not prepared to invest in team rebuilding it could end up with stagnating in League 1.

Animal is right about us having stability, unfortunately if / when we get back to the Championship we know it's going to be difficult to compete. Our Chairman won't take us into unsustainable debt. A lot of our fans don't agree with that and want us to spend money we don't have.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 04-12-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Animal, I was also critical of us signing Devante Cole, and this was largely based on how disappointing he was here the first time. And obviously it was also based on how our expectations had risen from last seasons 5th place finish.
    But I feel sorry for him now actually because of how hes been messed about, and hes not the only one.

I was disappointed of course at losing Val & Mowatt, but I had no idea things would turn out this bad.
    And the ultimate knife in the back was them saying they were let down at not making enough if any profit at all on player sales, possibly because of our unpopular style of footy.
    Isn't that the last thing you would expect to hear when the team have just made it to the Play offs!. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Too bloody cold at Oakwell.....
    Not been that cold since doing a streak round Nottingham City centre on a stag party January 1971...

The owners will have to make a decision at the end of the season Acido.
    If the worst comes to the worst and relegation happens that's a big hit financially and they may choose to offload the club.
    If they don't offload and are not prepared to invest in team rebuilding it could end up with stagnating in League 1.

Animal is right about us having stability, unfortunately if / when we get back to the Championship we know it's going to be difficult to compete. Our Chairman won't take us into unsustainable debt. A lot of our fans don't agree with that and want us to spend money we don't have.
    Frank we don't even spend the money we do have .

This lot took £750k out of the club's bank account to pay an instalment for the purchase of the club and they still owe £3m to this day four years on .

Tony Stewart delivers football to the public of Rotherham somewhere between the championship and league one without I suspect wanting much out of it than possibly a bit of money back if he sold the club on .

Our lot seek profit irrespective of anything else .

We aren't big enough to deliver a substantial profit under our own steam that requires investment to grow the club and make it the serious championship competitor it's capable of .

If you are a punter in football then risk and reward is the only show in town .

If you are a custodian as Tony Stewart is then that's different in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's the whole ethos of the club Acido isn't it ?

Young talent who they can sell on for a profit but not necessarily what's required to sustain championship football .
    From what I’ve seen of him ….. he doesn’t like to get his head in to a challenge, and doesn’t particularly like a tackle either. Poor for me so far. Twice today, ( even in the small minutes he played) he ducked headers he could easily have won, to allow the ball down which he eventually lost.. We won’t make much on him.

Jules, do you mean Benson who I was on about ?.
    Even Frank the neutral Millers fan could pick out some of our problems in midfield, where we have limited options.
    Maybe Honda should be given a run of games because it sounds like he has an engine and is willing to make the effort. It won't work if both Gomes and Palmer are too similar, and at times too soft and lightweight as well.

It's what tha gets when playing kids.

Up against big, hairy-arsed opposition who ev a few years experience they soon get a sly "heavy" tackle to put them off their game. Youngsters are inconsistent and they have one decent game mixed in with two poor ones.

They are "hungry" to play however, like Oulare.

Hudders.

Went int new real ale boozer up Castlereagh Street.
    Had a chat with Nigel the owner.
    Great selection of beer.
    Yes it is more expensive - but if you have say 3 pints of good stuff and it’s costs £5 or £6 more then I’d rather do that.

First time in the East Stand in my new ST seat.
    Great view.
    More ferocious supporters than the West Stand.
    Plus at half time I looked around for individuals I used to talk to in the West Stand - and couldn’t find a single person I knew.
    So makes me wonder if many have actually moved across.

As for the match:
    I thought we knocked it about much better than Hudders - but we have a glaring gap in midfield.
    As some have already said on here - we are lacking bite, aggression - that bit of experienced nastiness to win.
    It needs sorting in January.

Front line also needs sorting.
    I’d go with - Frieser - Morris - Cole.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 06-12-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Having had time to reflect, I felt we did OK on Saturday. First half we were the better side. Disappointed with the goal we let in and it was against the run of play but the lads dug in and got a deserved equaliser before aif time. The passing was much quicker and the tempo of the game was decent. Much better to what I'd previously seen.

Second aif was a tad disappointing if I'm honest. I felt the game was there to be won but our lads didn't seem to have the stamina to keep up that first half intensity and the game petered art. Gomez was excellent in midfield trying to be inventive and always trying to get us on the front foot. He used his body well and showed some good skill and intelligence. OK he gave the ball away a few times but I can hack that if people show some ballax and try things rather than being safe or punting it aimlessly into the channels.

Encouraging performance and a quite enjoyable game. 1-1 was the right result.

Id still rather pick Woodrow than Frieser lol.

Pass, it does sound better and more encouraging what most of our fans are saying. That the team looked more up for it and more organised and even more attacking as well, as Morris gets his sharpness and fitness back.
    Im still convinced that we're going down this time, but all I ask is that the lads keep making the effort that they have shown since Poya took over.
    It just pees me off though thinking what might have been this season, with better coaching back in August.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456