+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Huddersfield match thoughts

Barnsley v Huddersfield match thoughts

I'm in the company of a couple of Town fans tomorrow from my former place of work pre match and hopefully a jar or two afterwards .

I'm looking forward to catching up with them again but that's about all tomorrow as I'm dreading the bit between 3pm and 5 .

Whether we can up our game tomorrow and claim the 3 points is highly debatable but we live in hope .

Telephone conversations with my two Town friends have them asking me " what the feck has happened to you lot this season " .

They can't believe how bad we are either from last season or indeed the one before .

Town seem to be transformed this season from their struggles of the last two with some smart recruitment on players who were out of contract including our former defender Matty Pearson .

A point tomorrow may be as good as we are likely to get based on our current form .

I’ve just watch the 7-1 goals what I’d give for that team tomorrow

Wiss get turned ova ageeun. Obviously am hoping forra win but just can't see it. Poya has addressed the defensive aspect and got us defending more as a unit but due to implementing those tactics, it's left us with a serious lack of threat going forward, even worse than under Schopp. We've scored 13 goals in 21 games this season. That is shocking and I don't expect it will change very soon.

The key is obviously making us difficult to beat, I totally understand that. However, we must still possess a threat in the attacking third and that hasn't been the case in his first two games. It needs a change in formation and that front 3 should be changed into a front 2 putting an extra body in the midfield. Hopefully the penny will drop soon with Poya and we'll start to get the wins we desperately need cos it is pretty hopeless as it stands. Narrow defeat for me tomorrow.

I can see us holding on in the end again, for another 0-0. And thats not good enough of course, it certainly won't keep us up.
    I wish he'd show some grit and drop Woodrow, but we know thats never going to happen.
    Isn't that appalling, in a relegation struggle like this, we're actually carrying some lazy passengers. 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I can see us holding on in the end again, for another 0-0. And thats not good enough of course, it certainly won't keep us up.
    I wish he'd show some grit and drop Woodrow, but we know thats never going to happen.
    Isn't that appalling, in a relegation struggle like this, we're actually carrying some lazy passengers. 😠
    I wouldn't go as far as to lazy acido but badly out of form would be more accurate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to lazy acido but badly out of form would be more accurate .
    Yeah ok lazy is maybe unfair, but it really angers me when some players are apparently undroppable.
    Especially at a time like now when we need all hands to the pumps. And what does this do to the confidence and the mindset of the other players, who really do want to play but don't get a fair chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah ok lazy is maybe unfair, but it really angers me when some players are apparently undroppable.
    Especially at a time like now when we need all hands to the pumps. And what does this do to the confidence and the mindset of the other players, who really do want to play but don't get a fair chance.
    Put Woodrow up top with Morris in a two instead of the role he's played since Kieffer left and you'll see a player who will score goals at this level .

Woodrow isn't without credible criticism but what about the form of Helik , Styles , Brittain and Palmer from last season ?

I suggested that about Brittain a few weeks ago actually, saying how disappointing I think hes been since last season. And yes even one of our current Intl players Helik, hes now letting himself down as well.
    In fact its probably only Brad in goal who can hold his head up above the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Put Woodrow up top with Morris in a two instead of the role he's played since Kieffer left and you'll see a player who will score goals at this level .

Woodrow isn't without credible criticism but what about the form of Helik , Styles , Brittain and Palmer from last season ?
    Bang on that for me. Helik got international recognition for his efforts last season. He's not been nowhere near those levels this season. However, he's not been terrible either in all fairness. Brittain has been too inconsistent and Styles has never settled in a position. Woodrow needs to be in a pair as you quite rightly say. Palmer obviously misses Mowatt as the entire team does.

Dreading it. …….. Absolutely dreading it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast