+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man Utd want Struber

Man Utd want Struber

Barnsley FC's Great Escape architect on verge of shock Manchester United move

The mastermind behind Barnsley's survival Gerhard Struber is being targeted by Manchester United to become their new assistant coach, according to reports.

The Red Devils have appointed Ralf Rangnick to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjær with the German set to take charge of the side for the first time this weekend.

Now the club are reportedly seeking to bring Struber in as assistant after he and Rangnick worked together at Red Bull Salzburg.

Struber is well known in these parts, having masterminded Barnsley's stunning escape from Championship relegation.

Barnsley were seven points from safety when Struber arrived at Oakwell in November 2019. The Tykes then picked up six points in their final two games of the 2019-20, scoring winning goals in injury time against Nottingham Forest and Brentford to secure survival.

To be honest I think he's a very good coach and probably better suited in that role rather than the main man in the technical area having to deal with all the politics in modern day football .

His tactics on that final night at Brentford were masterful and I'm not one for throwing these things around like confetti that I will say .

The way he went about things here and got the results that were a massive improvement on what went before was also impressive .

As I say his skill set isn't dealing with owners or budgets but on that training ground and devising systems of play with the tools he has to work with .

Good luck to him and he'd be bonkers to not take that job.

When United avoid relegation on the final day he can ev another weep/emotional moment declaring "I'm so proud of my boys"

It wa only a matter of time ,, he wa allus destined for the Big Time !
    Good luck to him ,

It's someone in the Red Bull franchise pulling the strings.

Struber walked out on Barnsley FC after a poor start to the seaspn to get back in the Red Bull group with New York Red Bulls, having come to Barnsley with a Red Bull Salzburg background/ The new Man U coach is from Red Bull Leipzig.

The last match before lockdarn we lost 0-2 to Cardiff and looked to be down. Struber then had a nine game window with no crowds and the nervous youngsters flourished. Strubers previous games before lockdarn were awful. An average coach for me who got lucky and seems to have dropped on yet again.

Arr but do we ev an interest in any future move €£€£€£