+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockport County Post Match Thoughts

Stockport County Post Match Thoughts

Like a watched pot that never boils, a game watched on text updates either on the BBC, MillersMAD or on Google never ends. Well, eventually they do but you know what I mean. The sound of bums squeaking in South Yorkshire was almost audible on the West coast of the USA so full credit to Stockport and good luck to them in their pursuit of full league status. A day off tomorrow for MMadsters (get that Xmas shopping done) with the 3rd round cup draw and an encounter with SE to look forward to next week.

Thoughts?

Very relieved. Couldn’t have had a tougher opponent. This is the kind of game we wouldn’t have closed out in seasons past.

Excellent performance from Stockport 👏👏👏👏

Not seen the game but listened to it on Dee-Da radio. It sounded like Stockport played exactly like they did against Bolton in the previous round. Credit to them because they caused us all sorts of problems and on another day it could have been a different outcome.
    But we're Rotherham United and we've got an outstanding attitude and the defence is tight and playing brilliantly.

I'm interested to hear from the fans who've been tonight to put a true reflection on things because I'm wondering whether it was down to us not being at our best or was it that Stockport were so good. I saw them play Bolton in the last round and they were on top right up to the last minute and it sounds like a similar showing tonight.

They played better than us

Vickers motm

Thank **** smith was on

Ball 56 in the hat Monday

Bring it on

http://www.thefa.com/news/2021/dec/0...tails-20210312

As expected ? Still need a MR in midfield to dictate the game, MacDonald, type, all too rushed , panicky ?

Credit to Stockport they matched our energy and the game could have finished 3-3 on chances created.

Vickers MOM giving the defence plenty of confidence with his display.

Not the best of the Millers but we got into a good habit of not losing and you have to credit the opposition who played at a league One level in my eyes.
    Last edited by jockey; 03-12-2021 at 10:25 PM. Reason: typo

A huge potential banana skin avoided. These 'non-league' sides aren't walkovers any more. They have players who could be playing in league one or league two but are being paid more where they are. Glad and relieved to be through. Love to get a top 6 side away from home next. Lose gracefully at Spurs, take the cash and concentrate on the league.

Well played Stockport they gave us a game.We need a new forward in January Ladapo & Grigg not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    A huge potential banana skin avoided. These 'non-league' sides aren't walkovers any more. They have players who could be playing in league one or league two but are being paid more where they are. Glad and relieved to be through. Love to get a top 6 side away from home next. Lose gracefully at Spurs, take the cash and concentrate on the league.
    Not so sure I would want Tottenham away in the next round though. I was there when we lost in '72 and I'm still having nightmares over it. Liverpool or Manchester United or even Newcastle United would do for me, a bit closer to home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast