+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Channel Tunnel...

The Channel Tunnel...

I've decided that when the bug is finally under control im going to put going through the Channel Tunnel on my bucket list,has any one else been through it,how long does the journey take,how much is a return journey,what happens once you drive onto the train,can you move around the train etc?

Never used it. Useful for Paris etc but I’ve always preferred the more rural areas so it’s been plane or ferry. The big drawback is having to get down to the far south-east, which is a bit like being abroad anyway.

Thats interesting, i knew a work colleague used to visit carlisle, and he said you knew you were up north north of Manchester, the traffic thinned out.

I always wanted to go on holiday to Scotland, i know i would love it, its remoteness , mountains and endless space. Its why im in the fens apart from it being home. Brum, any big city is a disaster.

The same would apply to Cumbria, who could not like it. Does the south feel foreign? England below London feels odd.

You drive on in your car to the rear of the train down to the next vacant space in one of the carriages. Each carriage has about what 5 cars. The safety doors go down to separate carriages and off you go. Most sit in their cars. It takes abour 25 minutes. Get to terminus, safety doors open, and drive through the exit at the front of the train. Cost varies.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Thats interesting, i knew a work colleague used to visit carlisle, and he said you knew you were up north north of Manchester, the traffic thinned out.

I always wanted to go on holiday to Scotland, i know i would love it, its remoteness , mountains and endless space. Its why im in the fens apart from it being home. Brum, any big city is a disaster.

The same would apply to Cumbria, who could not like it. Does the south feel foreign? England below London feels odd.
    Scotland is a great place to visit Frank,I thoroughly enjoyed it when I went up there and is truly a beautiful country,there are dog friendly b+b's if you search online so you can take Molly if you want,they don't appear to have traditional seaside resorts from what I can gather but who's worried about that

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    You drive on in your car to the rear of the train down to the next vacant space in one of the carriages. Each carriage has about what 5 cars. The safety doors go down to separate carriages and off you go. Most sit in their cars. It takes abour 25 minutes. Get to terminus, safety doors open, and drive through the exit at the front of the train. Cost varies.
    Thanks for that cayambe,when things calm down and get back to normalish I will give it a go when I'm holidaying on the south coast,I've also had visiting the Scilly Isles on my to do list and was within a whisker of going there before the bug arrived and threw everyone's life upside down,when I visit Penzance next it will be ticked off though hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Never used it. Useful for Paris etc but I’ve always preferred the more rural areas so it’s been plane or ferry. The big drawback is having to get down to the far south-east, which is a bit like being abroad anyway.
    If you've got to travel to the south coast do you stop over somewhere along the way to break up the travel or do you just go for it and get there in one journey?

If travelling from Carlisle to south France I would probably stop just south of Paris

Scotland’s nice but just go to the Lakes, off season, it’s just the same but you save about 200 miles. And there’s nee Scoths.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)