+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot cctv

ot cctv

problem , you are not supposed to video past your household .
    One person was fined £100,000 for filming on his neighbours .
    but if it happens burglaries car thefts etc. police ask for cctv from people.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    problem , you are not supposed to video past your household .
    One person was fined £100,000 for filming on his neighbours .
    but if it happens burglaries car thefts etc. police ask for cctv from people.
    Crash I think the case you refer to is one of a neighbour who refused to remove his cctv doorbell that overlooked his neighbours property and she asked him to remove it and he refused so she took him to court.

The funny thing is he showed it her on installation saying how they were both protected because it covered both properties. The judge agreed with the
    person complaining and agreed her full costs and all from a doorbell.

Did you also know, you must display in your home windows that your home/ property is monitoring cctv or you cannot use this as evidence?
    Last edited by Brin; 04-12-2021 at 12:40 AM.

I have cctv, I asked neighbours if they wanted the cameras to cover their properties also,
    which all agreed, so therefore got permission.
    Which is common sense, but when my car was vandalised, the police said only use is
    the date it happened.
    Most cases the thieves etc wear a mask & hoodie.

Only use a CCTV is any good for is name and shame on FB or Twitter. Very rarely police can use the evidence to convict

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I have cctv, I asked neighbours if they wanted the cameras to cover their properties also,
    which all agreed, so therefore got permission.
    Which is common sense, but when my car was vandalised, the police said only use is
    the date it happened.
    Most cases the thieves etc wear a mask & hoodie.
    That was a waste of money then.

Get one with notifications and have a bat ready

Good security lights are the best deterrent & a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Good security lights are the best deterrent & a baseball bat.
    Mine notifies me anybody knocking about, I have a pick shaft handle near my bed.

In have cctv and the other day my garden gate was open so I thought someone was snooping around to see what I had in my garage.

I checked the images and part of the recording was useless because of the Sun being low in the sky and ruining the image.
    But just before sunset I found the culprit. One of my cats had jumped on the catch and the gate had sprung open.
    It's difficult to do that so I was well impressed.
    Money well spent I'm sure everyone will agree and tiddles got extra dinner for his parcour abilities

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    In have cctv and the other day my garden gate was open so I thought someone was snooping around to see what I had in my garage.

I checked the images and part of the recording was useless because of the Sun being low in the sky and ruining the image.
    But just before sunset I found the culprit. One of my cats had jumped on the catch and the gate had sprung open.
    It's difficult to do that so I was well impressed.
    Money well spent I'm sure everyone will agree and tiddles got extra dinner for his parcour abilities
    Cat burglar..?.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast