+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Never in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Never in doubt
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m seriously concerned now.

We’ve given ourselves a chance of automatic promotion!

A much better performance. Fortunate with the second goal but we'll take it. The intensity and enthusiasm appeared to have returned; long may it continue. I thought that Gardner- Hickman was excellent and deserves to keep his place. Kipre played well but wasn't that his fifth yellow card? We now need to back it up with a positive performance against Reading.

If we do win today we will have reduced what could have been an 11 point gap to a 5 and 6 point gap. Just shows that even a poor run as long as you don't lose game after game keeps you in it.
    The reality is of course that we get down when we have a bad run but keep in mind while we have been struggling,

Fulham have drawn last 3 games
    Bournemouth drew last 3 games and lost the one before.

It ain’t just us who struggle to break down teams in this league and Fulham and Bournemouth are just as likely to go on bad runs as we are, or indeed anyone is in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    The reality is of course that we get down when we have a bad run but keep in mind while we have been struggling,

Fulham have drawn last 3 games
    Bournemouth drew last 3 games and lost the one before.

It ain’t just us who struggle to break down teams in this league and Fulham and Bournemouth are just as likely to go on bad runs as we are, or indeed anyone is in this league.
    Spot on.

Spot on.
    Does my head in football, was sure this would be a dire performance, can’t see much wrong with today we need a striker but other than that we played very well against a very good Coventry side!
    We need to follow up on Saturday now 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Does my head in football, was sure this would be a dire performance, can’t see much wrong with today we need a striker but other than that we played very well against a very good Coventry side!
    We need to follow up on Saturday now ��
    How right you are. I was also expecting the worse as we've had to sit through some dire performances of late. My main concern now is, other than needing a striker, is that if he is true to his word, he will bring Livermore back. To my mind this would be a big mistake. Gardner-Hickman was excellent. He was full of youthful energy and enthusiasm. The lad can play a bit as well. I've always been of the opinion that, in most circumstances, you don't change a winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    How right you are. I was also expecting the worse as we've had to sit through some dire performances of late. My main concern now is, other than needing a striker, is that if he is true to his word, he will bring Livermore back. To my mind this would be a big mistake. Gardner-Hickman was excellent. He was full of youthful energy and enthusiasm. The lad can play a bit as well. I've always been of the opinion that, in most circumstances, you don't change a winning team.
    Totally agree! Was quite worried that we would fail to perform yet again before the match but team sheet looked more promising and best performance in a while. We clearly still need a proven goalscorer and things got a bit nervy in last 10 minutes or so but overall some positives at last. Like others, thought Kipre did well and certainly Gardner-Hickman deserves to remain. What Val sees in Livermore I don't know.

3 youngsters on the bench yesterday, Tulloch, Taylor and Fellows.
    Hopefully it will encourage the likes of Cleary to sign up with us.

And credit Johnstone for the pass that started the first very good goal.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)