+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon’s next team V St Midden match thread

I know what you mean … that flicked goal from close range early in the season surprised me as I don’t EVER expect Ojo to score, even when in decent advanced positions. He’s not too bad a player though, especially in tight positions, and has decent close control.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    A bit less depressed than usual. Cheers for the thoughts though. Must be tough having less posts to pick on with your witty self importance.
    Must be tough for you not coming on here and moaning after a game like you normally do.
    You're affa quiet after we win but when we lose you're never off here giving us your expert opinion on Glass and his failings

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Best football I’ve seen from us since the opening games this season. Great energy going forward and Watkins, JET, Hedges and Ramirez combined well. Give Ramirez decent service and he makes good contact with the ball and he’s invariably on target. We gave up possession too often today and better teams would have punished that. Still a bit too elaborate at times with the flicks etc when attacking but it came off a few times today. JET is a lazy sod but he has some amazing flicks and seems often to find a telling pass out of nothing whilst standing virtually static - unusual style of play but certainly talented. Onwards!
    There's definitely something about Jay - he's a strong guy and can control the ball and pick out a pass. Today I thought they figured out how to play with that front 4.

Can’t argue with 6 points and 6 goals from 2 games. Proper Aberdeen weather always seems to bring out our best performances!

Definitely think playing more attacking players benefits us in a league where sit in and defend is the majority tactic.

It was always going to be a roller coaster season, let’s enjoy the ups while they last and take stock at the end of the season.

You never know, once all the injuries have disappeared the group may reach a cup final and top 3/4 which we would have to accept as success in a transitional season

Very impressive today.

Missed the first 30 minutes but we played some great stuff in the hour I saw. The 4th especially was an absolute peach.

Quick, accurate FORWARD passing was the key today. We looked dangerous every time we went forward.

Where’s that been for about 10 games this season though - fuuckin frustrating.

Watkins, Hedges, Ramirez and JET linked really well. Seem to have finally clicked last 2 games. Let’s hope it continues.

Hayes and Ojo were good outlets out wide. Got forward well today.

Central defence pretty solid again too. Signs of hope there.

THIS is what we want to see AFC. Well played today, keep it up and COYR.

Can't disagree with the positive comments and general positivity within the band of happy campers.
    Good result, 6 points and 6 goals from 2 games, very happy with that as my expectation was a mere 1 point from 6.
    Some of the best free flowing football I have seen from the dons in a long time was played yesterday very happy to see that, still room for improvement as St Mirren's goal was no surprise as I think most of us seen that coming, and that part of our play is still a concern, cut that sort of stuff out and the future is finally starting to look good.

I do have take some of the credit for the last two results as I have scare mongered the group into thinking that if they don't perform and produce the results then it is a matter of time before popcorn teeth Lennon will be shouting at them from the touchline, so my strategy is so far working

Onwards and Upwards COYR

St Mirren came and had a real go at us, allowing us the room to play. Good for them, and credit to Goodwin for doing it. Credit to him for his post-match comments too.

The real test comes though, when the next cabal of 4-5-1 scrapyard labourers is sent out against us and we have to try to work out a way to break down its ‘efficiency’.

For all the ups and downs, Ramirez has been a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

I do have take some of the credit for the last two results as I have scare mongered the group into thinking that if they don't perform and produce the results then it is a matter of time before popcorn teeth Lennon will be shouting at them from the touchline, so my strategy is so far working
    Let me be the first to congratulate you for your fantastic ploy of playing mind games with our players and management. The Neil Lennon’s next team match threads have worked a treat and it is no coincidence we have easily gained the six points.
    Having JET in the team is definitely making us a better attacking threat and in reality it was what we were desperately needing. Neil Lennon would have JET playing because he is an attacking manager. Football is much better when the Dons look like they are going to score.

Best I have seen them play since early season. It helped that St Mirren had a go at us as it made the game more open. We were pretty well playing 4 2 4 at times which gave us quite a goal threat. Good to watch even if it will not work every week. No weak links yesterday with all getting pass marks. More of the same please.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast