+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Event build up thread: Russia v Ukraine

Something is happening in Southern Ukraine. Probably the 2nd wave of the Ukrainian counter offensive.

I also see that Ben Wallace has been meeting his counterpart in Washington to discuss a potential escalation by Russia. This wasn't a planned trip so I wonder what intel has come up that has prompted this secretive meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Something is happening in Southern Ukraine. Probably the 2nd wave of the Ukrainian counter offensive.

I also see that Ben Wallace has been meeting his counterpart in Washington to discuss a potential escalation by Russia. This wasn't a planned trip so I wonder what intel has come up that has prompted this secretive meeting.
    The Ukrainians will be sleeping a lot better now with Ben Wallace on the case.

Is it not the Government strategy at the moment, when in the merde bring up Ukraine, we love a war and against the commies too. Keeps the flagsha ggers happy.

I have avoided making comment on this thread/subject as its far more complex than the western media/propaganda would have us believe, The first point I make is ..There is absolutely no justification or reason for one Country to invade another ! I said that about Blairs Iraq folly and I say the same about Putin. But it must be said NATOs expansion eastwards can/and has been seen as provocative. And what we are fed by our Government through media mouthpieces is Eastern Ukraine has deep social and cultural ties with Russia, and Russian is widely spoken there, but ever since Russia invaded in 2014 those relations have frayed. And then there is the ultra-far right Azov Brigade who were very active in Donbas and wider Eastern Ukraine. Way before 2014 although they became official in2014 , In the build up to Russia's invasion Azov were responsible for politically motivated murders and in principle violence against pro-Russian citizens in Ukraine have almost never been punished. In fact Zelensky encouraged it ! I like to see some kind of balance in the news we are fed its for this reason I prefer to watch Al Jerreza rather than the BBC.

There used to be a guy on here who would say "when you KNOW they are lying to you on the back pages, why on earth do you believe what they are saying on the front pages"

The same goes for the BBC.

A scary development with Iranian drones being used in Ukraine and Iran now selling military gear to Russia, The UK and USA are outraged at this which made me chuckle, They don't do hypocrisy do they ? Let's start calling this for what it really is a proxy War , And feck knows how much billions the UK has spent supporting their Proxy War, USA is something like about 40 billion ! So the question nobody seems to be asking ... Where's the diplomacy in ending this conflict ? Is there any chunt willing to put their head above the wall and say right lets get round the table ? Because its getting scary .

It's always the same, the Yanks need to rule the world.
    They can't sleep at night thinking that there may be a country they're not making money out of.

We're all still suffering from their " arab spring"

Anybody missing a jacket from the Dnipro trip ?

https://twitter.com/fitbaculture/sta...61490033639427

Boy looks like he watched the last 20 mins of the arabs game.

The Wagner Group boss (him that led the mini coup attempt against Putin a month or so ago) listed on the passenger list of people on board plane that crashed killing 10 people

Hmmmmmm.

Makes a change from accidentally falling out a twentieth floor window I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Makes a change from accidentally falling out a twentieth floor window I suppose
    Particularly in hospitals. Must have some really enthusiastic cleaners on the floor-polisher machine.

"oohyah fekker, I almost came a cropper there. Better watch thon floors, awfy skitey"

I think we’ll probably now end up involved in this. The guy who made his money using 4 aliases while selling an internet pyramid scheme, is now the person the UK sees as the best candidate to run the Defence dept

The UK is a f*cking basket case. If you’re still actively supporting it, the chances are that you are too

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast