+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Event build up thread: Russia v Ukraine

The end has to be in sight for this whole sorry saga. Trying to take an unbiased look at it and all I can see is Russia getting a real battering in Ukraine. Front lines are getting broken through, key targets in Crimea and closer to Moscow are being hit, Putins coat on an ever more shoogly peg.

Even with some of the support in Europe and the US falling away I think it's only a matter of time before something gives.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The end has to be in sight for this whole sorry saga. Trying to take an unbiased look at it and all I can see is Russia getting a real battering in Ukraine. Front lines are getting broken through, key targets in Crimea and closer to Moscow are being hit, Putins coat on an ever more shoogly peg.

Even with some of the support in Europe and the US falling away I think it's only a matter of time before something gives.
    I would really love to agree with you but it always seem to get tougher in the winter months when the ground gets too soggy to effectively move the heavy equipment. I can see this continuing on for some time yet sadly.

Is this Black Sea Fleet Commander dead or not? Nice strike regardless and using my favourite kind of tactics - overrun the area with cheap drones until the air defences can't cope and then send in the big money storm shadows and SCALPS. Exactly what I would have done.

The 'who dunnit' over the Nord Stream pipeline explosion is still rumbling along nicely as well. Russians making most of the noise which suggests to me it probably was the West.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The 'who dunnit' over the Nord Stream pipeline explosion is still rumbling along nicely as well. Russians making most of the noise which suggests to me it probably was the West.
    I like how this particular who dunnit, is done in the style of a Colombo episode. The viewers find out straight away & the rest of the show is watching the characters working it out

Been going on for a while now. I personally think this proxy war will become a bit less proxy in the months ahead. Already the odd story of France, Lithuania and now the UK sending troops in doing the rounds. A couple years too late if you ask me.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617