+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves -v- Liverpool match thread

Wolves -v- Liverpool match thread

Wolves make one change to the side who drew 0-0 with Burnley on Wednesday.

Ruben Neves returns after a suspension, coming in for fellow Portuguese Joao Moutinho, who drops to the bench.

Wolves XI: Sa, Semedo, Kilman, Coady, Saiss, Ait-Nouri, Neves, Dendoncker, Traore, Jimenez, Hwang.

Got computer problems this morning so don't know how things will go.

Anyway COMB, even though I fear the worst!

Apparently Liverpool players can’t be called for fouls. Defender pushed Traore in the back with both hands to knock him off the ball then Mane clearly takes out Jimenez’ legs at the end line. No calls

Counters were so bad. Can’t pack it in against a team of Liverpool’s quality.

Coady should have done alot better on Origi there

Plucky effort but the outcome was inevitable really. Never really looked like we would score, Jiminez still doesn't look his old self.

IMO our lads gave a brave, brilliant defensive performance that was almost perfect. I take nothing away from Liverpool, but during their victory celebrations at the end I sensed their was great relief hidden behind their smiling faces. In defeat you Wolves were simply magnificent !!!

Just back from Molineux and agree that that was a quality performance for most of the game, just lacking a bit of confidence and creativity but we didn’t deserve to lose.

Ait-Nouri did an outstanding job on Salah, notably it was pretty much the first attack after he left the field that Salah got to the by line and pulled it back for Origi to score. Tough on Hoever, I’m surprised he didn’t come on right back with Semedo switching to the left?

Lage was right to rest Moutinho, Dendonckers physicality was an asset.
    Adama was better today but his first touch and his distribution are still not quite there, confidence again I guess.

Kilman was quality again, Boly will struggle to get his place back.

I sat and watched the game last night, and strangely we seemed to have more possession than I thought we had, while sitting in the stadium on Saturday.

Liverpool are a class side and we did well to hold them at 0-0 for so long. They should have been leading long before they did, but Jota let us off the hook with his blast. The Liverpool fans on one of their forums were giving him dogs abuse. I think some of our fans are fickle, but they take it to another level.

I agree with Norton that Ait-Nouri was outstanding, keeping Salah in his pocket all game. Without the forced change, it could well have been a well earned point. Kilman again was outstanding, well supported by the limping Coady and Saiss. I just hope that the injury to Coady is not too serious, with the glut of fixtures on the horizon.

I wish some of these Premiership Referees would grow a pair and red card theses players who thing it is fair game to hack Traore down, week after week. It really is getting beyond a joke. Adama must be getting really pissed off with it.

My son in law showed me a clip of film on Face Cloth, of a Liverpool supporter ripping a seats off in the lower Steve Bull and putting it up his coat. I really hope the police get too see it.

Thanks for the insight Abbo.

Re "My son in law showed me a clip of film on Face Cloth, of a Liverpool supporter ripping a seats off in the lower Steve Bull and putting it up his coat. I really hope the police get too see it. "

And the scousers wonder why they've got such a bad reputation.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)