+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich sack Cook

I know some tipped them at the start of the season because of the investment (oh there is some money in the league) but I always thought that if you have to change an entire squad, not just a few players, you have some monumental issues as a club.

They may well charge up the league but like someone said above, wouldn't swap any of their players for ours. Bang average is right. Maybe I'd take Celina in fairness but meant to be on good whack.

....needed sacking, i had Ipswich in the Last Man Standing...............ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Phone call to Tony on Monday asking if they can approach to take Warney. Should be a short call from Tony.
    Just had a quick.look on one of their forums and one poster just hoped the next managers name wasn't Paul, so we should be safe enough 😀

He was getting very prickly with reporters on Quest a few weeks ago and when that happens there's something seriously wrong.

It seemed as though he was just signing players for the sake of it in a Steve Evans type way. He'd sign a midfielder and then a 'better' one would become available so let's have him as well.

PW is constantly reminding us how difficult it is to keep our relatively small squad happy with game time so with all the new players at Portman Road it would have been a thankless task. A Demoralised squad would not have been conducive to a successful season.

I'm just speculating of course but less is often more as the saying goes.

Let Ed Sheeran have a go. Strum a few tunes before sending them out on the pitch and it might work. Can't do any worse

I like Paul Cook. Proper manager and always very honest.

Hope he gets back managing soon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IpswichTo...YTycOIVEw&s=08

Gave this interview just before being sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    You raise a relevant point Casper on money - I doubt it’s cheap to sack a manager at Ipswich so the more they go from short term fix/failure to short term fix/failure does that make it more likely they will stay at this level for longer, as they’d have less to spend on recruitment and less financial security to brag about? It wouldn’t be that surprising for them to do a Bradford or Bolton.
    Hi harpo,
    Compensation paid to Cook or for any in work new manager won't affect the new owners. They have mega cash.
    They will only get their investment back when Ipswich return to the Premier League.
    Next appointment of manager could be crucial for them, a club that's been in the doldrums for over a decade.

Hopefully we do the double over them when we play them!!

Compo may not be applicable or at least limited.
    His contract may have required him to be is the top six for 75% of the season and if not the owners can dismiss him without reward.
    Or any other similar equation
    I believe he was unemployed prior to the appointment so beggars can't be choosers.

He might get Compo, but what about Clegg, Foggy, and Nora Batty. 😁

I thought he/Cook was very unlucky when Wigan had their points punishment and were relegated. And he apparently thought the right thing to do was resign.
    However it sounds like hes been a bad appointment at Ipswich right from day one.

Warney/Barker have a go there?Hamshaw manage us he knows what's what here. Win win situation for us!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast