+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich sack Cook

Ipswich sack Cook

Town have announced that manager Paul Cook has been relieved of his duties following this afternoon’s 0-0 FA Cup draw with Barrow at Portman Road.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/41633/manager-cook-sacked

Just hasn’t worked out for him. I went for the pre season hype and tipped them to win the league. Ipswich fans think that player for player they have better quality than us but don’t knit as a team.

However when I look at their team, there isn’t one player that I would swap with ours.
    They are spending lots of money signing bang average players.

Phone call to Tony on Monday asking if they can approach to take Warney. Should be a short call from Tony.

If you can't beat Barrow at home with all that supposed talent then it's time to stand down. How much money do Ipswich spend each year and do nothing with it?

he brought all them players in too in the summer so all his own players and full squad too not just a team.so in effect he can’t really complain….but the sacking statement said they haven’t identified a replacement as yet which will probably give fans a stick to beat the board about in the immediate aftermath.

Is King Ronnie fit enough to take over?

I thought Mick O' Mac did the right thing actually , when he left them in 2018.
    Yes he is an old fashioned and some might say outdated manager now, but he kept them stable didn't he without any threat of relegation.
    But they knew best of course, saying they wanted better than that and that the footy under him was awful etc.
    Well, now look at them!. 😵

It's got Warnock written all over it....you heard it here first.

Not bad news for us. They’ll struggle to find someone who can turn them round quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's got Warnock written all over it....you heard it here first.
    I have it on good authority from a good sauce that Bet365 have COCO the CLOWN odds on favourite.

Just looked at Paul Cook's stats since he's been in charge at Ipswich, not very good reading at all.
    Moneybags Ipswich can afford to pay compensation so in that respect it could be a manager that's already in work.

Ipswich 0-0 Barrow.......LOL..🤣

You raise a relevant point Casper on money - I doubt it’s cheap to sack a manager at Ipswich so the more they go from short term fix/failure to short term fix/failure does that make it more likely they will stay at this level for longer, as they’d have less to spend on recruitment and less financial security to brag about? It wouldn’t be that surprising for them to do a Bradford or Bolton.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast