+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A great saxo like win

A great saxo like win

Saxo would love that sort of win.
    Not pretty but a dig in and grind out a win.

yea, it was a truly terrible day for football. I went on Sat. Good hard fought win.
    The goal was magnificent.

Ben Brereton is the 6th highest paid player at Rovers. Can you believe that?? Crazy.
    Ayala and Dack get paid £17,000 per week. Johnson gets £12,000 Sam Gallagher gets paid £8,000 a week.
    Brereton is not even in the top 5. He is on under £5,000 a week.
    Someone will stroll in Jan and offer to treble his wages and he will be off. Madness as they are so screwed without him.
    I could not believe what I was reading.

If that is true,then that truly is madness.
    Johnson getting over double what brereton is getting is unbelievable.
    Ayala and dack have spent the majority of the time injured but a lad who clearly has worked hard to get where he has is on low wages.
    Sure it's still a very very good wage but when you compare to who is on more,then that is crazy.
    Offer the lad at least double his wages and hope he signs.
    He has a year extension at the end of the season but it won't take much to sway the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    If that is true,then that truly is madness.
    Johnson getting over double what brereton is getting is unbelievable.
    Ayala and dack have spent the majority of the time injured but a lad who clearly has worked hard to get where he has is on low wages.
    Sure it's still a very very good wage but when you compare to who is on more,then that is crazy.
    Offer the lad at least double his wages and hope he signs.
    He has a year extension at the end of the season but it won't take much to sway the lad.
    He does not appear on the top 5 Blackburn Rovers top earners. I am NOT making this up.
    I don't believe he is pushing for a move, but he has an agent. Plus when Sevilla or Leeds, Brighton, Southampton who are all tracking him, come in and treble his wages, he will leave. One he will fancy himself to score up at that level, with good cause, and 2 he is earning a fraction as crap players at our own club, who are not as good.
    We could easily survive without Armstrong, he wasn't actually any good. We would be screwed with Brereton.
    I would be spending most days trying to get him to sit down and take our offer of making him the highest paid player at the club right here and now if I was Mowbray.

Couldn't agree more.
    He and lenihan need to be tied down to a long term contract.
    Both are integral to the future of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    He and lenihan need to be tied down to a long term contract.
    Both are integral to the future of this club.
    I feel the real rising star is Wharton. I feel he is better than Lenihan. He makes Lenihan better, and I rate both. I feel the fact he is back, means we have no issue with missing Ayala. I would say that keeping him is also crucial. He is steady and makes a big difference. The really good news is, he has a brother coming through, who is actually rated much higher and is by all accounts, going to be the real star.
    I would not want to be losing the older brother over the next few seasons, he is very important.
    And I feel the gradual introduction through loans, and a slower first team introduction has meant we have a more rounded player. With decent experience. I have to commend Mowbray on that, he has had a huge positive effect on him, and we have benefitted.

I agree fully and can see both lenihan and Wharton being our first choice pairing next season,however getting lenihan to sign is the problem.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)