+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Director of Football

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I don't see that Jacapus. Rafa's had a long time in management and developed an amazing amount of knowledge. I think he would relish a job upstairs where he could pass the benefit of his experience on without being interfering.

He would also have the time to identify potential purchases leaving Howe to work with and develop them.

His knowledge of the defensive game would marry up well with Eddies attacking instincts and the combination of the two of them could develop into an interesting partnership.
    With you Bill. Rafa eats, sleeps and breathes football. He's won it all at the top level, been here before and I am sure would have a point to prove.

A life time of contacts, experience and knowledge could be brought to bear for EH as long as he gave him his place as final decision maker on team tactics, signings and philosophy.

The dream in my mind. How could it fail.

Yes, how could it fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I don't see that Jacapus. Rafa's had a long time in management and developed an amazing amount of knowledge. I think he would relish a job upstairs where he could pass the benefit of his experience on without being interfering.

He would also have the time to identify potential purchases leaving Howe to work with and develop them.

His knowledge of the defensive game would marry up well with Eddies attacking instincts and the combination of the two of them could develop into an interesting partnership.
    It could go either way Pat.However Ive always seen the DoF position as more of a Commercial role & to use your example, there could be ''conflict'' if Rafa is (perhaps mistakenly) seen as interfering with Howe's tactics. Its horses for courses for me & the DoF role concentrating solely on recommended recruitment. Hopefully this part of the jigsaw will be in place sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    It could go either way Pat.However Ive always seen the DoF position as more of a Commercial role & to use your example, there could be ''conflict'' if Rafa is (perhaps mistakenly) seen as interfering with Howe's tactics. Its horses for courses for me & the DoF role concentrating solely on recommended recruitment. Hopefully this part of the jigsaw will be in place sooner rather than later.
    Whatever their selection is, I'm sure it will be well-sourced and a popular appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Apperently Michael Emenalo has rejected our offer to become DOF as the talks held didn't match his ambition.

It's only in the telegraph but they are billing it as an exclusive etc.

Be interesting to see what is said/happens.

I don't think you can call our owners unambitious, I wonder if he wasn't willing to come when there is a strong possibility we'll drop into chimpo.

If indeed this is true.
    I don’t care for this bloke already from what’s been said,we now hear he hasn’t even been offered the post, sounds like a bit of a dick!

Apperently he now isn't against the idea of working with us.

"Friends and family of him have urged the club to get back in touch"

I almost get the feeling the leak was to try and get us to talk to him.

This is beginning to sound slightly desperate.

Please don’t bring Rafas negative tactics in anyway shape or form back to the Toon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Please don’t bring Rafas negative tactics in anyway shape or form back to the Toon.
    I Don't think Rafa was as negative as a lot of people feel Terry, he was restricted by the squad he had and reportedly put forward many unanswered requests to Fatso/Teaboy for players he wanted to improve his squad.

But was CabbageHeed any less negative with the squad he took over from Rafa with some so-called "improvements".

We weren't playing such bad football later in Rafa's last season when we got up into a safer position.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I agree completely he has had his time at the club dont go back. I doubt Eddie Howe would want him hovering around the club itching to get involved in team matters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    I agree completely he has had his time at the club dont go back. I doubt Eddie Howe would want him hovering around the club itching to get involved in team matters etc.
    I didn’t enjoy any of Rafas brand of park the bus football and don’t understand how he was hero worshipped by the fans

We have a young forward thinking manager and need a DoF to match this mindset

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)