+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Director of Football

Director of Football

Apperently Michael Emenalo has rejected our offer to become DOF as the talks held didn't match his ambition.

It's only in the telegraph but they are billing it as an exclusive etc.

Be interesting to see what is said/happens.

I don't think you can call our owners unambitious, I wonder if he wasn't willing to come when there is a strong possibility we'll drop into chimpo.

If indeed this is true.

Does it matter? If he doesn't want to come, fine. The last thing we want to be doing is chasing anybody - existing players, new players, managers, DoF - that don't want to be here.

Right now, Newcastle is a mixed bag. But one thing we need is people who believe in "Wor Project".

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Apperently Michael Emenalo has rejected our offer to become DOF as the talks held didn't match his ambition.

It's only in the telegraph but they are billing it as an exclusive etc.

Be interesting to see what is said/happens.

I don't think you can call our owners unambitious, I wonder if he wasn't willing to come when there is a strong possibility we'll drop into chimpo.

If indeed this is true.
    As I said in another recent thread (Rafa) I'd love him to return ad D.o.F. and work with Eddie. I think the two of them would be the ideal blend. Rafa with his worldwide experience and encyclopedic knowledge and Eddie with his youth, work ethic, and enthusiasm. Could be like a marriage made in heaven.

A lot will depend on what Arsenal pick up on Monday. It could be something that's meant to happen like that.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Does it matter? If he doesn't want to come, fine. The last thing we want to be doing is chasing anybody - existing players, new players, managers, DoF - that don't want to be here.

Right now, Newcastle is a mixed bag. But one thing we need is people who believe in "Wor Project".
    Oh I agree, it doesn't matter but it's still newsworthy and worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Exactly this.

if he doesn't want to come, there'll be plenty who do.

Richest club in the world not ambitious enough for him? Riiiiiiiiight..... Of course that'd be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    As I said in another recent thread (Rafa) I'd love him to return ad D.o.F. and work with Eddie. I think the two of them would be the ideal blend. Rafa with his worldwide experience and encyclopedic knowledge and Eddie with his youth, work ethic, and enthusiasm. Could be like a marriage made in heaven.

A lot will depend on what Arsenal pick up on Monday. It could be something that's meant to happen like that.
    Couldn't disagree with you more.Yes I was a big Rafa fan when he was here but Im of the 'move on' brigade now.I cant help but feel that if he was appointed DoF he would be tempted to interfere with EH's way of running things.

Just read that Emenalo wasn't even offered the job, just more ****e from the media. This came from Staveley's husband, Ghodoussi.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more.Yes I was a big Rafa fan when he was here but Im of the 'move on' brigade now.I cant help but feel that if he was appointed DoF he would be tempted to interfere with EH's way of running things.
    I don't see that Jacapus. Rafa's had a long time in management and developed an amazing amount of knowledge. I think he would relish a job upstairs where he could pass the benefit of his experience on without being interfering.

He would also have the time to identify potential purchases leaving Howe to work with and develop them.

His knowledge of the defensive game would marry up well with Eddies attacking instincts and the combination of the two of them could develop into an interesting partnership.

Rafa would have had a vision of how he wanted the club to run from top to bottom and it could have been fantastic.

But, I suspect, if he came in and had to marry his philosophy with Howe's, then there may well have been a clash. You could argue we've done things the wrong way, i.e. appointed a manager before we've got a DoF in place, but that's not a criticism-we had no other choice- we needed a manager first and foremost and I think that was the right decision to make.

Could Howe be part of the interview process for a DOF? Would make sense if he was as he'll be working closely with whoever they appoint

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)