+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cauley Woodrow needs dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Tha could well be right SB - He walks out on to the pitch always talking to the opposition not his players then searches for the love of his life in the East stand eventually blowing a kiss.... then he plays with his shorts and toys then eventually remembers he is playing footy, but still seems to forget the position he is picked for despite wearing a number 9 jersey.

Like anyone in one's working life, it's not what you have achieved in the past, it's all about today, tomorrow and the future, until of course you retire.

Chien Conway & Co short of some brass these days from Barnsley FC so one of their few remaining assets to move on.
    Lets be fair, he has to blow a kiss to the love of his life before the match as its unlikely he'll get chance at any point during the game. That love of his life is also one of the only times he's likely to score as well

While Woodrow is our captain. Now as captain and centre forward……I don’t expect him to cover blade of grass. But what I do expect is for him to be a voice be a Presence on the Field and most of all been a Force. And all I can see him doing is pulling up shorts showing his matchstick legs…..easily getting bushed all the ball trying to buy a cheep free kick.

He needs to stop messing about and get stuck in. Show some real fight for the team take the game by the scruff of the neck and try to win us a game of football.

I see a player who dose not want to be here, not getting stuck in…..pulling out of challenges.

If it was me I would be sitting him down and saying look lad do you really want to be here do you really believe that you are the captain of this team. He will probably say yes. But I wouldn’t believe him.

I would just say look lad you are not starting the next few games and let’s see if that lights a fire inside him.

But for me I would get rid……not played well at all this season. He is just not interested in playing for Barnsley football club.

I understand it must be annoying if his team mates are constantly changed, that doesn't help to build up any teamwork and stability as strikers. And it might even make it tougher if its in a set up that hes not used to and doesn't understand either etc.
    But his whole mindset and body language is awful and as others have said, it looks like hes fed up and wants out. W
    Well how does he think we feel ehh, we're not happy at whats happening, and we don't have that option of moving on somewhere else.

A true captains interview from a team in trouble was seen tonight. Take a bow Seamus Coleman. That’s how’s it’s done.

Cauley Bashers ,
    as bad as iz been , he's still arr best laiker/goalscorer !

I agree he wants dropping or resting and he certainly can’t play in the system we adopt but oh boy is there some venom being spat out at him on here. Aim your comments at the owners/management they’re the ones with the power to do something about it.
    I don’t like the thought of the reaction he’s going to get if he is substituted it’s better to not start with him from the off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I agree he wants dropping or resting and he certainly can’t play in the system we adopt but oh boy is there some venom being spat out at him on here. Aim your comments at the owners/management they’re the ones with the power to do something about it.
    I don’t like the thought of the reaction he’s going to get if he is substituted it’s better to not start with him from the off.
    I can hack a player not being good enough but a lack of effort is unforgivable

As for the owners, they have no impact on his performance on the field and unfortunately only one player can ensure his effort levels and attitude are right. They have a duty to ensure his wages are paid and to my knowledge these are up to date.

If the board then interfere this too would be met with discontent from fans as they are then sticking their beak into football matters

I think he'll be sold in January personally .

When you're watching him, have a look at how many purposeful runs are made towards the defender with the ball, and how many times he casually strolls upto them in a half arsed manner. Watch how many headers he wins, watch how many times he drops to the ground when he couldve made a meaningful attempt at getting the ball, all for the ball to come hurtling back towards us
    For me he would be better deployed in a wider area of the pitch and cutting in if we HAVE to start him. If I had my way he would now no longer be involved in the first team and would be helping the redecoration of the west stand, which would have had previous players' Yiadom and Winnalls' mark still on it.

To call fans fickle when they have watched dross all season and in the conditions we did is bang out of order. Is the boy so deluded to think we actually go just to watch him at Oakwell.

Carlton Morris did more in that 1 game than Cauley flower has done all season

CW is not the best striker at the club, Carlton Morris and LI have proven worthy of a regular starting birth.

Just because I dont play and havent played professionally doesnt mean I dont have an opinion thats valid

CW will likely leave in January for a bigger contract and I will still be going to Oakwell - who's fickle then??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast