+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cauley Woodrow needs dropping

Cauley Woodrow needs dropping

For me here inlies the problem (as with Callum brittain who shamefully ducked a tackle)

If you watch him he very rarely , if ever, breaks into a sprint when closing down. He simply trots at the side of the defender, points , does what I can only liken to my late grandmother dancing as a motivational attempt, adjusts his shorts and then carries on pretending to be a footballer.

He offers no physicality or goal threat from open play and I can only assume something contractual exists as to try to understand how firstly he makes the starting 11, secondly stays on the pitch and thirdly is the team captain.

As it stands he is a passenger in games and is a woeful footballer . This is not the type of player you want in a relegation scrap

I’ve also seen his comments about fickle fans knowing nothing about football. I’ve been watching the club nearly 40 years - which is a lot longer than he’s been on the planet, so unfortunately I’d like to think I know when someone is shirking. He was one of the vocal ones about MS yet his performances have been as bad since MS left. This little outburst is a poor poor show from the club captain and this man has cracked in a tough scenario - get him dropped as turning on the fans will lead to a downward spiral and only one outcome- a January move

I agree he needs taking out which would then offer up the opportunity to play five in the middle of the park and two up top which most of us have identified as the way we should be playing .

Surely if the system was working we wouldn't be so cut adrift as we are right now .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I agree he needs taking out which would then offer up the opportunity to play five in the middle of the park and two up top which most of us have identified as the way we should be playing .

Surely if the system was working we wouldn't be so cut adrift as we are right now .
    What I find irksome about his comments is that folk turned up in decent numbers yesterday , at an expensive time of year, after many abject displays, and only a couple of wins in 20 games. Not many fickle ones there cauley old lad

What would describe a definition of fickle though is mr Woodrow leaving for a bigger contract at another club in the near future and us still attending oakwell without the presence of his silky skills - who’s fickle then? My money is on many of these attendees yesterday still going long after he has departed

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    For me here inlies the problem (as with Callum brittain who shamefully ducked a tackle)

If you watch him he very rarely , if ever, breaks into a sprint when closing down. He simply trots at the side of the defender, points , does what I can only liken to my late grandmother dancing as a motivational attempt, adjusts his shorts and then carries on pretending to be a footballer.

He offers no physicality or goal threat from open play and I can only assume something contractual exists as to try to understand how firstly he makes the starting 11, secondly stays on the pitch and thirdly is the team captain.

As it stands he is a passenger in games and is a woeful footballer . This is not the type of player you want in a relegation scrap
    I said the same thing at the start of the season - and the reaction on here was as tho I’d suggested burning the Ponte End down.

I think Woodrow is best in the old style of football - playing a front two where he plays alongside a big target man.
    He’s not big enough or strong enough or fast enough to play the central role in a front 3.
    And why he can’t be substituted - only God knows.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    What I find irksome about his comments is that folk turned up in decent numbers yesterday , at an expensive time of year, after many abject displays, and only a couple of wins in 20 games. Not many fickle ones there cauley old lad

What would describe a definition of fickle though is mr Woodrow leaving for a bigger contract at another club in the near future and us still attending oakwell without the presence of his silky skills - who’s fickle then? My money is on many of these attendees yesterday still going long after he has departed
    Aye he's not short of an opinion that's for sure .

I seem to recall he had a reight bust up with Stendel which proved to be Daniel's final game at Preston .

I also remember the luke warm embrace with Struber after we stayed up at Brentford .

He probably wisely kept his head down under Val and in any case the results spoke for themselves .

Personally I think he needs to move on for the benefit of his own career and ours , gone stale here .

That's not necessarily all down to him mind because I do believe he's had to sacrifice his game for the benefit of the systems he's had to play in .

Ive been getting more annoyed about this recently, and he can naff off now as far as Im concerned.
    His form is appalling and he offers nothing to the team anymore. And in fact he hasn't done since the goal at Swanny last season in the play offs.
    And now hes got a real nerve having a go at fans who pay hard earned cash to watch his rubbish on the pitch.
    Captain ?, your having a laugh aren't you.

HIS CONTRIBUTION SINCE BEING MADE CAPTAIN HAVE GONE DOWNHILL DEFINITELY NOT LEADING BY EXAMPLE MIGHT AS Well GIVE ARMBAND TO TOBY

Woodrow cuddev ed the nod from his agent that he is moving on in a few weeks.

We do sell our captains.

Tha could well be right SB - He walks out on to the pitch always talking to the opposition not his players then searches for the love of his life in the East stand eventually blowing a kiss.... then he plays with his shorts and toys then eventually remembers he is playing footy, but still seems to forget the position he is picked for despite wearing a number 9 jersey.

Like anyone in one's working life, it's not what you have achieved in the past, it's all about today, tomorrow and the future, until of course you retire.

Chien Conway & Co short of some brass these days from Barnsley FC so one of their few remaining assets to move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast