+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we missing our number ONE $hithouse?

Here are some stats for you BT. Ashley scored in our 1-1 draw away to Wolves on 25 August 2019, since when he has lost the knack, just 5 goals in 51 appearances since. One goal every 10 games near enough.

Over the same period Vydra has made 76 appearances and scored 10 goals, a goal every 7.6 games.

Neither are going to be frightening competent PL defenders, but if you think Ash is, or would be, more prolific than Matej then you're barking up the wrong tree mon ami, the stats don't bear it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Here are some stats for you BT. Ashley scored in our 1-1 draw away to Wolves on 25 August 2019, since when he has lost the knack, just 5 goals in 51 appearances since. One goal every 10 games near enough.

Over the same period Vydra has made 76 appearances and scored 10 goals, a goal every 7.6 games.

Neither are going to be frightening competent PL defenders, but if you think Ash is, or would be, more prolific than Matej then you're barking up the wrong tree mon ami, the stats don't bear it out.
    Gray was banging them in at a rate of 1:2 and you didn't rate him either sinkov.

Attachment 20494

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Gray was banging them in at a rate of 1:2 and you didn't rate him either sinkov.

Attachment 20494
    Who he ?

Lol! Re-read post #10 on this thread mon ami.

Ah yes, I remember him now BT, one of those rare occasions where we took another club for a ta-ta in the transfer market. Seems we conned Watford into paying somewhere between £12m and £18m for him, they are so impressed they've loaned him out to a Championship club, who are currently utilising him to warm the subs bench. Even at today's prices it'd be cheaper to use gas.

He was quick though, I'll give you that.

Ah yes, I remember him now BT, one of those rare occasions where we took another club for a ta-ta in the transfer market. Seems we conned Watford into paying somewhere between £12m and £18m for him, they are so impressed they've loaned him out to a Championship club, who are currently utilising him to warm the subs bench. Even at today's prices it'd be cheaper to use gas.

He was quick though, I'll give you that.
    I've said it before, I watched live almost every game in our last Championship winning season and Gray was sensational.

The "Little Minx" seems to have rubbed his shine off...

Attachment 20495

I'd have Vydra in the team all day rather than Barnes. Nowt else to say.
    Thought I'd show you all a photo of sinkov trying to feed us with his bull$hit...

Attachment 20496

I am not sure if any of our strikers can be described has being better than the others.

My only surprise is that all of them do not suffer from neck injuries, the amount of this they spend looking upward for the high balls hoofed up the field.

It is time our coaching staff understood that the name of the game is "FOOTBALL" and that should be a clue that it is supposed to be played with the feet.

Whilst we are looking for players to blame-have a look at Brownhill`s prolific scoring record and he is allowed to take free kicks FFS.He has never scored in 57 PL starts with just one assist.Now they are bad stats! We found an absolute gem when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Whilst we are looking for players to blame-have a look at Brownhill`s prolific scoring record and he is allowed to take free kicks FFS.He has never scored in 57 PL starts with just one assist.Now they are bad stats! We found an absolute gem when we signed him.
    I think your right CIB our central midfield as I’ve said before is weak and gets overrun , but Brownhill has got found out a bit this year , I’d be interested to see how he fared in a three to see if that bit more time and or space benefitted him.
    I’m saying that because Dyche stunts any talent players have I think by insisting on defensive rigid formation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)