+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are we missing our number ONE $hithouse?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've said it before, I watched live almost every game in our last Championship winning season and Gray was sensational.

The "Little Minx" seems to have rubbed his shine off...

Attachment 20495
    He was a decent player at that level BT ( championship).
    But tbh he couldn’t trap a bag of sand and to be fair it’s caught up with him and he’s back playing championship football.
    I can never understand why someone like him didn’t go on, I mean pace - yes - power - yes

Close control none - never improved in 3 years it’s tragic isn’t it , can only really kick
    With one foot and yet they have all day every day to practice and improve.

You know the square root of f*ck all about football sinkov, so I'm not listening to your bull$hit.

When Supersub6 reads this I hope he gets his analysis/stats head on because minute for minute Barnes goal/game ratio is far better than Vydra's and additionally he leaves his mark all over our opponents.

Vydra spends more time on the deck with his arms in the air than Raheem Sterling and that's not the Burnley way.
    How will a $hithouse, even a brick one, help a “turd that just won’t flush” mon ami? Are they skid marks he is leaving? You are driving me right round the bend.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think your right CIB our central midfield as I’ve said before is weak and gets overrun , but Brownhill has got found out a bit this year , I’d be interested to see how he fared in a three to see if that bit more time and or space benefitted him.
    I’m saying that because Dyche stunts any talent players have I think by insisting on defensive rigid formation.
    He is not very good at passing either Army.One through ball in 58 PL games.

I would try something else ,of course on the training field first, take out Brownhill replace with Lawton , left side midfield. He seems to want to push upfield, and have a crack, a good shot at their goal? We have positions available in defence now, Collins , Roberts. I would try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I would try something else ,of course on the training field first, take out Brownhill replace with Lawton , left side midfield. He seems to want to push upfield, and have a crack, a good shot at their goal? We have positions available in defence now, Collins , Roberts. I would try it.
    I'd leave Lowton at right back, play Roberts instead of JBG, play Tarkowski in the role of holding midfielder and play Mee and Collins at centre back.

Pope
    Lawton, Collins, Mee, Taylor,
    Tarkowski, Westwood, Brownhill,
    McNeil, Wood & Cornet and rip it!

Attachment 20501

I'd leave Lowton at right back, play Roberts instead of JBG, play Tarkowski in the role of holding midfielder and play Mee and Collins at centre back.

Pope
    Lowton, Collins, Mee, Taylor,
    Tarkowski, Westwood, Brownhill,
    McNeil, Wood & Cornet and rip it!

Attachment 20501
    BT --I think that you should review your team selection because it differs from your summary!
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 07-12-2021 at 05:44 PM.

I think 2/3 seasons ago Barnes was a lot better than Vydra.. You have to go off today and not yesterday Cork was better than Brownhill, Bardsley was better than Lowton, Lennon better than Gundmunsson

4/5 of these players legs have long gone, unfortunately Barnes is in that category, been great players for the club. Nothing lasts for ever time for a decent clear out, some of these players haven't had a full game all season including cup games... waste of a wage in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    I think 2/3 seasons ago Barnes was a lot better than Vydra.. You have to go off today and not yesterday Cork was better than Brownhill, Bardsley was better than Lowton, Lennon better than Gundmunsson

4/5 of these players legs have long gone, unfortunately Barnes is in that category, been great players for the club. Nothing lasts for ever time for a decent clear out, some of these players haven't had a full game all season including cup games... waste of a wage in my eyes.
    Honestly I don't remember my legs "going" until I got nearer to forty. After that I just kicked anything that moved!

I reckon it's around 50 when the real decline starts, in my late 40s I could keep up with anything the younger end were doing in the Fire Brigade, when I retired at 55 they were running me ragged.

B T : If we look at the Burnley v's Brighton game. Lawton a defender??
    For their first goal, Lawton and Maupay were together on the right wing in the 2nd half. Lawton was covering Maupay. As they approached Burnley's goal area, the ball was crossed from the right Maupay scored! Why ,how could he have scored? How??

Because Lawton only knew Maupay was somewhere behind him, Lawtons concentration was on the right wing and the ball at the feet of the Brighton player on the right. What he had to do was shield Maupay using his body keep him on Lawtons right side, so being unable to get a shot in. But Maupay scored ! That goal should never have been ,Lawton did not have a clue where Maupay was !!!! All Lawton had to do was keep Maupay from scoring. But he did not have a clue where ,or how Maupay was gaining on him. If he plays like this he is not suitable as a defender.

https://youtu.be/oxLS8DOcw5Y

Watch them both after 1.14 . At that point Lawton has 2 yds on Maupay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)