+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we missing our number ONE $hithouse?

Are we missing our number ONE $hithouse?

Our Ash gets loads of stick from Burnley fans, but OMG he is a mile better option than Vydra.

Attachment 20492

I reckon Vydra has cost us seven points this season - he's f*cking useless.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Our Ash gets loads of stick from Burnley fans, but OMG he is a mile better option than Vydra.

Attachment 20492

I reckon Vydra has cost us seven points this season - he's f*cking useless.
    Ridiculous BT he hasn’t cost us anything, he usually gets his customary 10mins in which time he has to adjust to the pace of the game , be ready and score in one chance that’s created for him, whereas if you look at a few on the pitch regularly they contribute less and also miss chances but multiples not singular.

Unfair To single him out when he never gets a start or any continuity in his game at Burnley.

We were architects of our own downfall yesterday , they were a poor side and yet we let them back into a game they should never have a had chance in after the first 35 minutes.

Vydra missed a chance yes but his fault I don’t think so.

You and me are rarely on the same page army88 - so why be different?

Clean through against Chelsea lobbed wide = 2 lost points.

Simple far post tap in missed against Palace = 2 lost points.

Take your pick from at least another nine chances he's missed.

He's a top rated Czech international FFS, he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo while he's strapped on the tail.

Get our number ONE $hithouse back ASAP.

only one other PL team has let more goals through than Nucattle - and I think yesterday was the first PL game this season without them conceding....in other words, they're shlite at the back, so would have to say that the odds on us not scoring was extremely slender. And with that in mind, how was it that for the whole 90+ mins...we only manage 1 shot on target, they guided 4, but then have managed to score in the majority of their games so far....so could say, that them scoring was feasible, but it was only through some luck they did so - our defence held strong....Our problem was at their end, and it just so happened that yesterday was about as poor as we're likely to witness against the poorest we're likely to witness....Funny that !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You and me are rarely on the same page army88 - so why be different?

Clean through against Chelsea lobbed wide = 2 lost points.

Simple far post tap in missed against Palace = 2 lost points.

Take your pick from at least another nine chances he's missed.

He's a top rated Czech international FFS, he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo while he's strapped on the tail.

Get our number ONE $hithouse back ASAP.
    And yet he scored at Chelsea BT , I’m not ignorant to the fact he missed those chances however to blame him for the performances is ridiculous, we have wood who’s contribution shall we say in the last 3 games has been minimal.
    Here’s the thing to suggest that Barnes is the answer above Vydra is a step too far , he’s old slow and on the treatment table more than he plays.

I’ll agree that we could do with a little of his nastiness when we play of late but he’s not the answer BT.

We have many problems imo anyway our midfield is light weight and frequently gets overrun plus it allows runners directly at our back 4 - our right back defends square on a lot and allows players at him instead of opening his body up to defend properly , our wide left midfield is weak and let’s players run of him loses possession a lot and can’t kick right footed with any confidence ( though to be fair to him Saturday he had a good 25 mins first half ).
    The opposite side we have a very talented youngster who carries a lot on his shoulders and is expected to create at one end and also get back 60/ 70 yards to defend at the other he lets runners go eventually and Taylor is constantly Uber pressure because of that.

Up front we have a forward that constantly misses chances and yet has no criticism from you only Vydra who has 8 mins to change every game he plays.

Cornet missed two chances Saturday tbh a strike and a header.

Sometimes when you actually look at it you have to admit we just aren’t good enough at the minute - Dyche can dress it up however he wants fine margins etc etc.

Football has always and will always be about fine margins, and it will always be goals win games - wolves no shots in anger - Newcastle no shots in anger.

The answer is there for all to see . But it’s not just Vydra

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    And yet he scored at Chelsea BT , I’m not ignorant to the fact he missed those chances however to blame him for the performances is ridiculous, we have wood who’s contribution shall we say in the last 3 games has been minimal.
    Here’s the thing to suggest that Barnes is the answer above Vydra is a step too far , he’s old slow and on the treatment table more than he plays.

I’ll agree that we could do with a little of his nastiness when we play of late but he’s not the answer BT.

We have many problems imo anyway our midfield is light weight and frequently gets overrun plus it allows runners directly at our back 4 - our right back defends square on a lot and allows players at him instead of opening his body up to defend properly , our wide left midfield is weak and let’s players run of him loses possession a lot and can’t kick right footed with any confidence ( though to be fair to him Saturday he had a good 25 mins first half ).
    The opposite side we have a very talented youngster who carries a lot on his shoulders and is expected to create at one end and also get back 60/ 70 yards to defend at the other he lets runners go eventually and Taylor is constantly Uber pressure because of that.

Up front we have a forward that constantly misses chances and yet has no criticism from you only Vydra who has 8 mins to change every game he plays.

Cornet missed two chances Saturday tbh a strike and a header.

Sometimes when you actually look at it you have to admit we just aren’t good enough at the minute - Dyche can dress it up however he wants fine margins etc etc.

Football has always and will always be about fine margins, and it will always be goals win games - wolves no shots in anger - Newcastle no shots in anger.

The answer is there for all to see . But it’s not just Vydra
    Vydra is pish!

I too think it's unfair to blame Vydra, he always gives 100% (in the games I've seen) and at least he is getting into scoring positions. As has been said, he's not as sharp as he should be at this level because he's not getting the match time.

Not only this season, but in the back end of last season we have mainly been very poor, but we have also seen some good displays unfortunately the good displays have been rare.

Our defence has in the main been good but is constantly under pressure, especially when we resort to hoof ball, as the ball just comes far too quickly. The fact that we have eleven of our players defending means there is no realistic outlet hence the hoof ball.
    The midfield we have is very lightweight and is usually overrun, I believe that tactically they are instructed make defending a priority so they are unable to create more for our strikers.
    With the exception of Cornet our strikers have been exceptionally poor in taking their chances.
    Based on the amount of game time allocated to each player, I find it difficult to blame Vydra for our current plight, when Wood has missed far more yet he appears to be beyond reproach.
    I would like to see some things changing, mainly that we abandon hoof ball and try to keep possession far more as if we have the ball they are unable to score, unfortunately I do not see that happening with our current set up.
    My hope now is that come January we manage to get some improvement to our team and to let go some of the current deadwood we have in our squad. Also, that at least three teams end up worst than us at the end of the season.

I'd have Vydra in the team all day rather than Barnes. Nowt else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'd have Vydra in the team all day rather than Barnes. Nowt else to say.
    You know the square root of f*ck all about football sinkov, so I'm not listening to your bull$hit.

When Supersub6 reads this I hope he gets his analysis/stats head on because minute for minute Barnes goal/game ratio is far better than Vydra's and additionally he leaves his mark all over our opponents.

Vydra spends more time on the deck with his arms in the air than Raheem Sterling and that's not the Burnley way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)