+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Curtis Tilt connundrum

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Imo Put his up for sale in January. Other clubs may come calling. Worst case it would make Wigan go hunting for a replacement and maybe effect tilts form
    So why did he sign him cayton?
    Chased him for long enough, paid a fee for him when he signed up.
    36 games for Wigan first time on loan and helped them avoid relegation and he's kept in touch with them.

Only seen him play that one time for us, looked a decent player and would have been ideal for left centre.

His latest quotes are " I'm happy playing my football, happy in training, happy in the dressing room and it's good to feel wanted " ( a lot of happys )
    If that's the case why would he consider coming back ?

Don't want him back. Clearly something has gone wrong and he doesn't want to be at Rotherham. Are Wigan paying all his wages? Can we get a fee for him? It's irrelevant wether we want to see him play for rufc.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    36 games for Wigan first time on loan and helped them avoid relegation and he's kept in touch with them.

Only seen him play that one time for us, looked a decent player and would have been ideal for left centre.

His latest quotes are " I'm happy playing my football, happy in training, happy in the dressing room and it's good to feel wanted " ( a lot of happys )
    It’s a mystery Frank but I just can’t see him playing for us (injury risk?) think it’s time we tried to sell him now and move one

I was under the impression that a key reason he was loaned out was to free up funds to sign someone else in a position that PW thought was more important

I'm assuming that player was Will Grigg
    Most of us would have agreed at the time that strengthening the forward line was paramount

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

‘’It’s good to feel wanted’’ that says a lot! Offload him ASAP, we’ve managed without him all this time. It’s obvious he doesn’t want to come back and he’d only be a bad egg in the dressing room with a statement like that.

If I was in Tilt's position here same as Harding he's too good a player not to be starting so Wood can be nursed in centre of a back 3 I wouldn't want to stay here. If you know you are good enough to start if your not here you'll move to somewhere were you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If I was in Tilt's position here same as Harding he's too good a player not to be starting so Wood can be nursed in centre of a back 3 I wouldn't want to stay here. If you know you are good enough to start if your not here you'll move to somewhere were you are.
    FAIL. You forgot to say. "he's not one of warnies boys"

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    FAIL. You forgot to say. "he's not one of warnies boys"

Obvious that!

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I'd be very surprised to see him come back. I'm purely speculating here but it does come across as though he doesn't really want to be here and would rather be at Wigan and with Angus MacDonald hopefully not too far away from fitness I'm not sure we really need him.
    I agree with this. Let him go on a permanent in January if we can get a suitor. Or end of the season, not fussed which.

Tilt will never play for us and to be honest I couldn't care less.
    We have one of the best defences in the country without him(That includes Wood),if we need another left sided clogger I'm sure we can get one.
    By the way...this "Warnies boys" thing works rather well wouldn't you say ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast