+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Make hay when the sun doesn't shine?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I'm hoping to see two or three of these first hand. It will be good to get a feel for how we play that's not funneled through a phone screen. The Omicron variant is casting a shadow over the trip but hopefully I'll be at Fleetwood away, Cheltenham at home and possibly the rearranged Donny game if it's played in January.
    Any London gigs planned whilst your back CT?

Our last 3 games Ive had the championship feeling. Were about to concede at any time. Ok Only 1 goal against in the 3 games but both Oxford and Stockport gave me a squeaky bum...
    I would hope for 30 points from those 12 games. That should pull us away from the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    In pro sport CAM there are no easy games, . UTM
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-06 13.52.47.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  10.6 KB

Said to my mate a few weeks ago, if we not well clear at top by the time we go to S6 in feb we should forget about being in Championship next season, on paper a lot of winnable games coming up, a lot on here are saying this is best side weve had while being at NYS, this next 10 weeks or so will prove it one way or other. UTM

3 bales made so far. Just another 9 to go

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    3 bales made so far. Just another 9 to go
    My God, that’s so corny

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    My God, that’s so corny
    Just wheat a bit longer, I've barley started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    December and January (and early February), months where the sun is not renowned for making an appearance but looking at our fixtures will we be making hay? No game against teams that at the moment are considered promotion candidates and playing all 4 teams currently in the relegation spots.

Home - Gillingham, Burton, Lincoln, Bolton, Cheltenham, Accrington
    Away - Cambridge, Accrington, Doncaster (to be rearranged), Fleetwood, Crewe, Wimbledon

So a dozen games before we play Sheffield Wednesday on February 12th. A whole host of mythical banana skins but will we secure the 24pts (2 PPG) to keep us on track for automatic promotion, will we do better than that or will we fall short?
    Donny rearranged game is now Tuesday 1st February 19.45pm kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-06 13.52.47.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  10.6 KB
    Sorry MT only just seen this and point taken lol. UTM

Next 5 League Games

The next 5 league games are as follows....

Fleetwood - Away
    Lincoln - Home
    Cheltenham - Home
    Crewe - Away
    Doncaster - Away

What haul of points from those 5 would you class as necessary given the opposition and our aim for promotion?

13 points, fewer than that would be far from ideal for a team aspiring to win the league. A nice stretch for us if we are 'at it'.

Small sidenote, I know many were asking when we are playing Shrewsbury in the rescheduled fixture. Not sure if people have seen and it's been discussed somewhere (apologies and ignore if so) but when looking through our fixtures it is on the 1st March 7.45pm kickoff. With the home game on the 19th.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast