+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make hay when the sun doesn't shine?

Make hay when the sun doesn't shine?

December and January (and early February), months where the sun is not renowned for making an appearance but looking at our fixtures will we be making hay? No game against teams that at the moment are considered promotion candidates and playing all 4 teams currently in the relegation spots.

Home - Gillingham, Burton, Lincoln, Bolton, Cheltenham, Accrington
    Away - Cambridge, Accrington, Doncaster (to be rearranged), Fleetwood, Crewe, Wimbledon

So a dozen games before we play Sheffield Wednesday on February 12th. A whole host of mythical banana skins but will we secure the 24pts (2 PPG) to keep us on track for automatic promotion, will we do better than that or will we fall short?

On paper looks like easier games CAM, Burton looks set for a sell out for home fans, possibly need to open south stand to home fans

I'm hoping to see two or three of these first hand. It will be good to get a feel for how we play that's not funneled through a phone screen. The Omicron variant is casting a shadow over the trip but hopefully I'll be at Fleetwood away, Cheltenham at home and possibly the rearranged Donny game if it's played in January.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I'm hoping to see two or three of these first hand. It will be good to get a feel for how we play that's not funneled through a phone screen. The Omicron variant is casting a shadow over the trip but hopefully I'll be at Fleetwood away, Cheltenham at home and possibly the rearranged Donny game if it's played in January.
    Omicron is like a very mild cold CT, don’t fret pal

Sooner play top six, we seem to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    True Frank

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Totally agree, we always seem to not apply as much pressure or finish as well as we do against top teams. Take the Crewe game as an example. Probably the poorest team I've seen all season and we gifted them a goal at the end despite superior possession and not much end product from us.

I know we can't win 'em all but looking back at the games against Crewe and Lincoln when we totally dominated things and then threw the game away it's really frustrating and as has been said we DO seem to play better against teams at the top. With games coming up against teams in the bottom half of the table it looks like we can "fill our boots" but it's never that simple is it, but we should keep our top spot in my opinion. But am I being too over confident ? Keeping our feet firmly on the ground should do the trick and staying focused on the job in hand will do. We've never been in such a position before to go on and win the title. It's going to be tough because everyone wants to beat us now we're sitting at the top of the league but if we keep doing what we've done for the last three months then we should be o.k. UP THE MILLERS!

......1st goal is so important...............

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    December and January (and early February), months where the sun is not renowned for making an appearance but looking at our fixtures will we be making hay? No game against teams that at the moment are considered promotion candidates and playing all 4 teams currently in the relegation spots.

Home - Gillingham, Burton, Lincoln, Bolton, Cheltenham, Accrington
    Away - Cambridge, Accrington, Doncaster (to be rearranged), Fleetwood, Crewe, Wimbledon

So a dozen games before we play Sheffield Wednesday on February 12th. A whole host of mythical banana skins but will we secure the 24pts (2 PPG) to keep us on track for automatic promotion, will we do better than that or will we fall short?
    In pro sport CAM there are no easy games, but with our manager and backroom staff, they absolutely wont allow any of our squad to think that just because we are playing against a lower league team, that it is no different to playing against a top team, and Stockport and Bromley should have made our players aware of any thought of easy games against lower league opposition. UTM

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast