+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Borehamwood sign Nile Ranger

Borehamwood sign Nile Ranger

Inspired or massive gamble?

Nile Ranger has agreed to join National League club Boreham Wood in time for their FA Cup second round tie against fellow non-league club St Albans City.

Ranger, 30, was most recently with Southend United where he had two spells either side of "reoccurring disciplinary issues" off the field.

He made just the one appearance last season for the Shrimpers.

Ranger and former West Ham goalkeeper Joshua Roach, 18, have joined The Wood on undisclosed length contracts.

Both have been training with Luke Garrard's squad in recent weeks and have signed before the registration deadline for the FA Cup second round.

Ranger, who made 62 appearances for Newcastle between 2009 and 2013 after graduating from their academy, has also played for Swindon Town and Blackpool.

Boreham Wood host National League South side St Albans, who defeated League Two Forest Green Rovers in the first round, on Monday evening (kick-off 19:45 GMT).

Interesting signing. He's certainly better known for his antics off the field than on it.

Obviously a good pedigree coming from through the ranks at Newcastle. But he's never actually done anything anywhere. Fifty-odd games for Newcastle and just 2 goals. He's scored less in his whole pro career than Tshimanga will get this season.

If they play him up top as the only striker they he will be the ‘Lone Ranger’

As far as his career is concerned it's Aswan song.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    If they play him up top as the only striker they he will be the ‘Lone Ranger’
    Or if it's only a temporary move, he could be a loan Ranger.

Stupid signing. He's a liability. had more second chances than someone who has had an awful lot of second chances and definitely more than 2.

Quote Originally Posted by BadPie View Post
    Inspired or massive gamble?
    Sounds more desperation than inspiration , I don't think its a gamble, I'm sure there will be a clause in their somewhere to protect them if he goes of the rails again.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Sounds more desperation than inspiration , I don't think its a gamble, I'm sure there will be a clause in their somewhere to protect them if he goes of the rails again.
    I must say, given their current position, it is a bit odd that you would risk throwing a human hand grenade into the mix - Unless, of course, he is a changed man and turns into the NL bargain of the season..

Shame. It would have been fun to sign him and have him line up next to Kairo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast