+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which 2 League 2 teams will be playing in The National League next season?

Which 2 League 2 teams will be playing in The National League next season?

There is an unjustified belief that "there's always a team that is maybe 14th in the table with just a third of the season remaining that gets dreadful results and is relegated". That's simply not true. Maybe twice in 10 years it occurs and we really notice it.

There is also the 'base my belief on one game' case whereby some supporters believe that the Walsall team at Brunton Park recently was the worst in living memory and will surely go down. The fact is that prior to that match Walsall had not lost in 5 away matches. Walsall will not be relegated.

It is nearly always the case that at the start of the calendar year the then bottom 4 teams will include the eventual 2 relegatees. Stevenage throughout this season have been consistently not very good but they remain good enough to have not yet been in the bottom 2. In November they appointed Paul Tisdale as Manager and Sc­unthorpe appointed Keith Hill. I believe that in the cases of both Stevenage and Sc­unthorpe they will be in League 2 next season.

Overall, the two most troubled clubs in the current bottom four are Oldham Athletic and Carlisle United. I do not believe that within these clubs there is a totally united force at work. I tip them both to be relegated.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 06-12-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)