+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton, the verdict is in!

He's back up in court on the 16th of December for assaulting his wife who suffered head injuries! Which again he pleaded Not guilty to in July!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that it might have been an accident? As I understand it only one person gave evidence to indicate that Stendel was 'shoulder charged'. The defence case, as I understand it, was that any contact that too place was unintended.
    I get it Kerr I really do , beyond reasonable doubt and not proven .

This started in the first game at Fleetwood in the October of 2018 .

We beat them pretty convincingly 3-1 and Daniel who was highly enthusiastic celebrated the goals and encroached in to the Barton technical area and it kicked off then .

The return fixture in the April was also an explosive encounter , Fleetwood tried roughing us up , had a player red carded and got thumped 4-1 I believe .

Again Daniel celebrated like a good in , yes he was a bit ott but it was more enthusiasm with Daniel than actual malice which is why we loved the guy so much .

Following the game Daniel needed immediate dental treatment and Barton tried high tailing it away from Oakwell immediately in his chairman's car only to be stopped by a steward and a police officer .

The verdict is the verdict and not proven and as I say I get it .

An accident seems a bit too simplistic to me given the history between the two .

But it's black and white in law so it is what it is .

It's an interesting picture of Barton on the BBC report. Wonder if that's how he turned up at court?

Yeah he reminds me of a certain dictator with the tash and the gigs lol.
    Or maybe he was going for the Rolf Harris look. 😯

Ultimately it's the jury who decide isn't it and if the prosecution haven't a cast iron case then that's that .

I suppose we could all have a wrong time wrong place moment and be on trial for something we didn't do and thank our lucky stars we weren't convicted .

It's happened plenty of times , the Guildford four and the Birmingham six spring to mind .

The downside is the guilty walk too .

Let's be honest we are all pyssed because it's our Daniel and Barton isn't a particularly great human being .

But that's not how jury's see it or are supposed to .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah he reminds me of a certain dictator with the tash and the gigs lol.
    Or maybe he was going for the Rolf Harris look. 😯
    Mmhmm

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ultimately it's the jury who decide isn't it and if the prosecution haven't a cast iron case then that's that .

I suppose we could all have a wrong time wrong place moment and be on trial for something we didn't do and thank our lucky stars we weren't convicted .

It's happened plenty of times , the Guildford four and the Birmingham six spring to mind .

The downside is the guilty walk too .

Let's be honest we are all pyssed because it's our Daniel and Barton isn't a particularly great human being .

But that's not how jury's see it or are supposed to .
    Normally I'd have agreed with what you've said here Animal. But me and a few of the other locals have had issues with a neighbour recently. Even though one neighbour provided a security camera recording of the problem neighbour shouting that 'all the neighbours wanted a bullet in their heads' the police said that they couldn't use the footage because the security camera had turned and recorded the bloke shouting it whilst he was stood on his own property. I could give you a number of other examples. This is what I mean when I say that the threshold to prove guilt is often too high.

There is no doubt here.
    Why should Stendel take this to court if he wasn’t sure.
    I believe Stendel.
    Is Stendel prone to nutting the occasional girder ?
    If not - then someone pushed him.
    And only one person was in the tunnel with him at the time.
    It’s an horrendous verdict.

Makes you wonder what the verdict might have been - and the reaction of the media might have been - if Stendel wasn’t German.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    There is no doubt here.

Why should Stendel take this to court if he wasn’t sure.

I believe Stendel.

Makes you wonder what the verdict might have been - and the reaction of the media might have been - if Stendel wasn’t German.
    It was a criminal case Nudge, not a civil case. It was therefore up to the CPS whether to take it to court, not one of the parties.

You weren't there as an eye witness so, saying blindly "you believe" Stendel based on him being connected to your club and Barton's past conduct, makes you guilty of what you insinuate others of doing when you reference Stendel's nationality. I.e. determining guilt, not upon the evidence presented, but on personal bias.

Under English Common Law you cannot have a juror with a pre-determined bias. That's why a defendant's past misdemeanours cannot be brought to the attention of the jury during the trial so as to not prejudice their views. That's different, of course, to when sentencing occurs whereby a Judge can, and will, account for past crimes.

Arr think itwa Conway wi sum lead pipe !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast