+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joey Barton, the verdict is in!

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Normally I'd have agreed with what you've said here Animal. But me and a few of the other locals have had issues with a neighbour recently. Even though one neighbour provided a security camera recording of the problem neighbour shouting that 'all the neighbours wanted a bullet in their heads' the police said that they couldn't use the footage because the security camera had turned and recorded the bloke shouting it whilst he was stood on his own property. I could give you a number of other examples. This is what I mean when I say that the threshold to prove guilt is often too high.
    Trouble is Arby that's heading for the guilty till proven innocent territory which I'm sure you'd agree isn't too grand .

Don't get me wrong I wish Barton was currently in Armley doing a three stretch because personally I think he did assault Daniel Stendel , there was too much going off between those two for me and we all know Barton can't control himself but it's only my opinion and not a fact .

Then again a guilty verdict doesn't make it a fact either because you can still get a miss carriage justice even today although rare .

What I'm trying to say is that it isn't a perfect system because it's totally impossible to have a perfect system , it's the best we can do .

The older you get you realise life isn't always fair , never was and never will be and you try and make the best of it .

Let's hope when Barton is in court the next time the verdict goes the other way .

Whilst life it's always fair nobody gets away with it for ever mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Trouble is Arby that's heading for the guilty till proven innocent territory which I'm sure you'd agree isn't too grand .

Don't get me wrong I wish Barton was currently in Armley doing a three stretch because personally I think he did assault Daniel Stendel , there was too much going off between those two for me and we all know Barton can't control himself but it's only my opinion and not a fact .

Then again a guilty verdict doesn't make it a fact either because you can still get a miss carriage justice even today although rare .

What I'm trying to say is that it isn't a perfect system because it's totally impossible to have a perfect system , it's the best we can do .

The older you get you realise life isn't always fair , never was and never will be and you try and make the best of it .

Let's hope when Barton is in court the next time the verdict goes the other way .

Whilst life it's always fair nobody gets away with it for ever mate .
    58 years old Animal and the first time I've had to request any help from the police. So, naively I suppose, you think that when provided with irrefutable evidence, the police wil take action. Not so in our case, because the evidence has to be collected in a certain manner. I think over time the balance of proving guilt has moved, so whilst it is as you say moving back in the direction of proving innocence, I'm only talking about changing the balance point back to what it used to be historically i.e. let's have some common sense; if someone's been filmed carrying out an act then why shouldn't it be used as evidence.
    So it does make you think if the CPS took the Barton incident to court, they must have felt fairly confident. Makes me wonder whether evidence they'd got was suddenly ruled inadmissible in court.
    I'm with you though, people cannot get away with things forever. I hope he gets his come uppence from the case he's contesting against his wife. Barton has been involved in too many violent incidents and will no doubt be involved in a few more yet. No doubt he'll say he's going to turn over yet another new leaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    58 years old Animal and the first time I've had to request any help from the police. So, naively I suppose, you think that when provided with irrefutable evidence, the police wil take action. Not so in our case, because the evidence has to be collected in a certain manner. I think over time the balance of proving guilt has moved, so whilst it is as you say moving back in the direction of proving innocence, I'm only talking about changing the balance point back to what it used to be historically i.e. let's have some common sense; if someone's been filmed carrying out an act then why shouldn't it be used as evidence.
    So it does make you think if the CPS took the Barton incident to court, they must have felt fairly confident. Makes me wonder whether evidence they'd got was suddenly ruled inadmissible in court.
    I'm with you though, people cannot get away with things forever. I hope he gets his come uppence from the case he's contesting against his wife. Barton has been involved in too many violent incidents and will no doubt be involved in a few more yet. No doubt he'll say he's going to turn over yet another new leaf.
    I had to smile last week Arby , I got a letter from the environment telling me my conifers are encroaching on to a public highway , they are but it's minimal and I will sort it .

They took the time to photograph it as evidence and it was on the letter , bless .

Funny because about 18 years ago we had the neighbour from hell , loud music , party's every weekend , drunkenness , drug dealing you name it .

I reported it and even sent them a photo of some waster pyssing on the street , drunk from the party next door .

Sorry we can't use that they said .

Neither the police or the environment got him evicted but some nut Jack but a knife in his stomach in a pub following an argument and he fled back to Manchester where he was originally from when he came out of hospital for fear of his life .

It's a funny old world mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I had to smile last week Arby , I got a letter from the environment telling me my conifers are encroaching on to a public highway , they are but it's minimal and I will sort it .

They took the time to photograph it as evidence and it was on the letter , bless .

Funny because about 18 years ago we had the neighbour from hell , loud music , party's every weekend , drunkenness , drug dealing you name it .

I reported it and even sent them a photo of some waster pyssing on the street , drunk from the party next door .

Sorry we can't use that they said .

Neither the police or the environment got him evicted but some nut Jack but a knife in his stomach in a pub following an argument and he fled back to Manchester where he was originally from when he came out of hospital for fear of his life .

It's a funny old world mate .
    That's a good one Animal. I love it when a bit of their own medicine catches up with them 😂

BTW it didn’t surprise me when I heard someone had a go at Stendel.

I don’t know who we were playing that season but Karl Robinson was their manager.
    He came over to Stendel during the match and was pointing his finger in Stendel’s face.

So I went down and leaned into the Barnsley dugout and told those sitting there that they needed to protect their manager from that fat b@stard over there (pointing at Robinson) !!!
    Robinson looked over while I was shouting it.
    I remember Mcgeehans eyes were as big as saucers 😂

But It made me wonder whether Stendel knew how to conduct himself in the English way of doing things.
    He definitely wasn’t getting any advice or protection from the people around him that’s for sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123