+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Our dear old friends at the FA....

I may be talking down our chances somewhat until the results turn around...but surely there are more worthy choices for the Xmas Grinch on here ! 😃

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Tra la la la la laaaa de la la laaa

Sorry you have flounced off again WtF - this is a forum, people express opinions, we don’t always agree - as in life but as we all support Leeds at least we can try to be civil - if you have a pop don’t be surprised if people bite back - especially where you are so clearly having a pop on the basis of complete and utter bollox.

I hope you have a good Christmas and a better 2022 bolstered by the March of Leeds to second season safety.
    Well sorry Hope lad but that is all a heap of crap roberts is a donkey and that is polite firpo is horse crap Larente is ok but fast strikers run rings around him rodrigo well I'll leave it to your imagination and as for the under 23s seen where they are in the ladder and if our master doesn't play them well they must mean they aren't as good as what you think. Koch i won't judge as he has played like 5 games lol now let me list the 50 other players he has brought in nahh too many lol

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Well sorry Hope lad but that is all a heap of crap roberts is a donkey and that is polite firpo is horse crap Larente is ok but fast strikers run rings around him rodrigo well I'll leave it to your imagination and as for the under 23s seen where they are in the ladder and if our master doesn't play them well they must mean they aren't as good as what you think. Koch i won't judge as he has played like 5 games lol now let me list the 50 other players he has brought in nahh too many lol
    If every player Orta brought in was Rapha class the he would be at Real Madrid.

Not all of his signings work out but when he was on a more restricted budget it is always hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Since we have been in the PL his signings have been pretty decent and he did get us MB.

The u23 are playing against the best academies in England now so it was always going to be a big step up and with a lot of them having to make up the first team squad due to injuries we have played a lot of younger players - Cresswell and Joffy haven’t had as much game time as last year for example.

If one in three/four of Orta’s signings are good then that is probably in line with a lot of other clubs - are problem was we came from such a shocking place that we needed all of them to be good.

WTF just seems to dig out Orta anyone with a different view to his own regardless of the facts. Hence the errant Bamford dig.

If peeps don’t like Orta fine but that doesn’t mean others have to step in line, that’s all.

Not all of his signings work out but when he was on a more restricted budget it is always hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Since we have been in the PL his signings have been pretty decent and he did get us MB.

The u23 are playing against the best academies in England now so it was always going to be a big step up and with a lot of them having to make up the first team squad due to injuries we have played a lot of younger players - Cresswell and Joffy haven’t had as much game time as last year for example.

If one in three/four of Orta’s signings are good then that is probably in line with a lot of other clubs - are problem was we came from such a shocking place that we needed all of them to be good.

WTF just seems to dig out Orta anyone with a different view to his own regardless of the facts. Hence the errant Bamford dig.

If peeps don’t like Orta fine but that doesn’t mean others have to step in line, that’s all.
    Concur....

That's good Hope and like you me and anyone else I'm sure everyone else has Leeds at heart and people like WTF may be hard to read f me I don't know how anyone can read me but we all mean well.
    I fear though the tide is turning and now with the big-name injuries people are going to start voicing their opinions all over and the Orta situation on the weekend is just the start. I fear for the club I really do.

My glass is still half full Oz - nothing at present can remotely compare to how bad we were under Warnock and how little chance of the progress of the last 3 years we had under Bates - it still grieves me that either was allowed to be part of the club.

I was in Leeds recently and bought my godson the home kit from the super store. Under Bates, GFH and a bit under Cellino it felt a bit like Poundland and the staff were often disinterested or unhelpful. It now looks great and is nice to be in and the staff are super friendly and helpful. That alone is a sign of the progress and difference in outlook too.

We also have decent people managing the club and it’s finances. Angus has a very good football CV and seems to have helped make us more financially stable.

If the worst happens think we would bounce straight back like Norwich did.

"If one in three/four of Ortas signings are good", no-one (me included) would be complaining, but that ratio is cloud cuckoo-land (even if I was wrong about Bamford!).

And it seems there are those who attend ER who agree......

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-...fers-phil-hay/

If you believe what Hay says of course!

Orta made a right cock of himself truth be told - Like many I thought it was in response to some Brentford tw@t which would have been fine with me but to carry on like he did with one of his own ain't a good look.

Orta has brought us some good players no doubt about it but the balance is weighted on the side of poor to average players when you look at the overall picture.

Maybe that balance will be evened up in January
    Last edited by Rev72; 10-12-2021 at 01:06 PM.

My take on that Orta spat.
    Anonymity enables folks to be free to say many things without feeling inhibited.

The loss of anonymity may make people more civil in their speech & more circumspect in their actions 'tho.

People involved in that Orta spat at least 'eyeballed' one another instead of anonymously hiding on social media & mouthing off a barrage of continual obnoxious insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    My take on that Orta spat.
    Anonymity enables folks to be free to say many things without feeling inhibited.

The loss of anonymity may make people more civil in their speech & more circumspect in their actions 'tho.

People involved in that Orta spat at least 'eyeballed' one another instead of anonymously hiding on social media & mouthing off a barrage of continual obnoxious insults.
    If Mr Orta would like to have a chat with me face to face, I'm VERY amenable. I fear no-one and nothing, regarding Leeds or any other subject. THAT is absolutely true, and if he wants to go toe-to-toe then let him name when and where (I'll make sure that I can afford such a singular experience!)

"Continual obnoxious insults"????????? Statements of fact morelike. Re-iterating matters of fact, available in the public domain, illustrative of a supposed senior executive within the Leeds hierarchy who in ANY other profession having produced the results he has, would have been sacked.

Does Orta need you (or anyone else associated with this or any other supporters forum) to defend his performance and/or behaviour? It would seem so.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)