+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Neal Bishops Wife's Shops Forced To Close

O/T:- Neal Bishops Wife's Shops Forced To Close

Her 3 clothing Shops has been forced to close and gone into liquidation. She was doing well another victim of the last lockdown

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...paign=sharebar
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-12-2021 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Kids still need clothes even during a lockdown. Maybe she should have increased her webshop presence and scaled back to 1 shop if it was that popular.

having said that I can see plenty of businesses going bust and unemployment rocketing in 2022.

Very sad, and won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Kids still need clothes even during a lockdown. Maybe she should have increased her webshop presence and scaled back to 1 shop if it was that popular.

having said that I can see plenty of businesses going bust and unemployment rocketing in 2022.
    Have you ever tried to sell clothes online? Its brutal. I sell online and if there was one thing I would not touch its clothing of any form. Scaling back to shop is not easy when you have fixed costs like rental agreements and so on and so forth. Trust me I've been through the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Have you ever tried to sell clothes online? Its brutal. I sell online and if there was one thing I would not touch its clothing of any form. Scaling back to shop is not easy when you have fixed costs like rental agreements and so on and so forth. Trust me I've been through the lot.
    As a matter of fact I do and have done for quite a few years. Online and shows so no physical shop to eat into the profits.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    As a matter of fact I do and have done for quite a few years. Online and shows so no physical shop to eat into the profits.
    Then you will know how brutal fashion retail is online. It's the most over crowdded market going and then you have to compete with all the cheap rubbish and knock offs from Wish etc. The thought of branding your business to 3 local shops over a number of years and building it up in the physical sense with the cost base that incurs and then having to scale back to online overnight is harrowing. I can't speak for the UK but I sell online with not insignificant warehousing space and we got smashed by COVID when it all kicked off in 2020 as I sell into the events market like you. My landlord didn't give a **** and neither did the government. it was hard enough to keep it all going with just warehousing overheads and not the crazy shop rents I had in my last business ( which is why I sold it). We are fine now but it was a bumpy ride for a while.