+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What if

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.

Just saying like ....

150,000 Russian troops on the Ukraine border. Ukraine foreign minister worries about WW3.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    123 read what I wrote not what you want to see which is diametrically opposed to anyone who voted to leave.

The EU expanding constantly towards the former USSR was my concern. Just look how the EU has eroded Putins boarders like a domino effect. !! Look at the bigger picture!! See it from their point of view. I do have connections in that part of the world and believe me they are comfortable with the idea of EU influences on their doorsteps.
    Without us the EU will think twice about expanding ever eastwards. The united EU dream including Ukraine really? Its all too soon for that.
    Do you have any idea how Russia hates the EU particularly Germany ? and they see Latvia, Estonian. Etc etc as traitors.
    Even after 200 years the former Yugoslavia quickly became a blood bath when things changed.
    No The EU went too far
    I can understand the Geopolitical concerns, but Ukraine have never been anywhere near close to joining the EU.

I also think that the EU divided makes Russia stronger, and perhaps more likely to flex its muscles. Is it any wonder there was a lot of alleged Russian interference in the referendum? We all know which outcome they wanted, and got.

I was in Russia in 2014 just after the annexation of Crimea. Met up with some Russian friends and almost their first comment was 'are you guys worried about going to war?' We were somewhat taken aback and replied it hadn't ever entered our minds.

They explained Putin (who they are not fans of) had been across all Russian TV the night before and pretty much asked Russians to be ready to go to war. Maps of Europe were shown illustrating the inexorable spread of 'The West' eastwards. He was trying with great success to invoke a siege mentality within the Russian people.

Britain has said that it would support Ukraine independence. Britain still thinks it's a powerful country but it's not. We wouldn't last the first hour in a nuclear war.
    But we have to show support for America and the western powers to keep the equilibrium. That is where it gets dangerous. If one country play's it's hand then we have to play ours or fold. It's a game of poker with no limits.
    If China invades Taiwan it could encourage North Korea to invade the south and while the world was distracted Russia could march into Ukraine. I think Russia would also like the Baltic states back as well. Nuclear war is inevitable, the human race is insane, the question is not if but when.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Britain has said that it would support Ukraine independence. Britain still thinks it's a powerful country but it's not. We wouldn't last the first hour in a nuclear war.
    But we have to show support for America and the western powers to keep the equilibrium. That is where it gets dangerous. If one country play's it's hand then we have to play ours or fold. It's a game of poker with no limits.
    If China invades Taiwan it could encourage North Korea to invade the south and while the world was distracted Russia could march into Ukraine. I think Russia would also like the Baltic states back as well. Nuclear war is inevitable, the human race is insane, the question is not if but when.
    Ukraine is already independent though?

Agree we are no longer a powerful country. Brexit has waned our international influence even further.

You would like to think the scenario you put forward would not happen, but anything is possible. Especially with rogue leaders in charge of nuclear weapons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)