+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

O/T Arthur Labinjo-Hughes

Safety warnings ignored, says grandfather

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-59558282

So maybe big questions need answers, maybe government could inject more money for extra staff.

Social workers got a good kicking in the other thread, but a friend of mine says a DOCTOR dismissed concerns about bruising as nothing unusual, preventing action from being taken. Clearly much still to come out.

Will always happen on threads like this, people get upset

There will always be mistakes and excuses but having more staff might help

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Will always happen on threads like this, people get upset

There will always be mistakes and excuses but having more staff might help

Contraception would help more.

I read last week the number of vulnerable children being placed in council care could reach almost 100,000 by 2025. Up from 69,000 in 2015.

Brought tears to my eyes this morning, listening to Arthur's grandmother on TV,
    if ever a case come up to bring back hanging, this was it.

Not wanting to re-open any arguments from the other thread but just an observation from working within an education institution.

It was mentioned a few times in the other thread that little had been learned from awful cases like Baby P and other instances where adults failed the children within organisations but I can certainly confirm from personal experience that everyone working in schools and colleges have to complete annual safeguarding and child protection training and having just completed my annual NSPCC mandatory training for safer recruitment. In fact I hear regular complaints from staff that they have too much repeated training on safeguarding and child protection, not that I agree with them. All of these training courses making quite vivid references to historical failures so over the 25 years I've been in education, it seems to me that there have been substantial improvements in how institutions are made to be more informed about and attentive to child protection. I assume the same will be the case in other institutions that are work with children.

However, the nature of humans, both on the fallability of those expected to assure kid's safety and the evil nature of those who are inclined to abuse makes me fear there will always be future horrible cases.

RIP Arthur. Heartbreaking.

Arthur was born unloved, lived unloved, and mercifully, died unloved. He was failed by most adults he met. As I'm typing this, another Arthur has just been born.
    Lessons won't be learned.

Too many children left at risk too long - Ofsted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-59560386

Government really need to step in and step up, I don’t know in’s and outs but I’m guessing there isn’t enough ones/staff in place

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Social workers got a good kicking in the other thread, but a friend of mine says a DOCTOR dismissed concerns about bruising as nothing unusual, preventing action from being taken. Clearly much still to come out.
    If you read the link above, the social worker told the Grandfather there was nothing to worry about.