+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The West stand to re-open

The West stand to re-open

Just got this email:

Client Reference Number:
    Seat Detail:

Dear Poggy,

We are emailing to inform you that the DX West Stand is scheduled to re-open for supporters on 15 January 2022.

Following several open forums and consultations throughout the last two months, the Club can now announce that the South West block of the DX West Stand will re-open ahead of the Sky Bet Championship fixture against Blackpool. January 15th, 2022.

When the decision was taken to temporarily close the stand, work was already underway to ensure that the closure would be for as short a period as possible. Outstanding concerns and reports have since returned to a satisfactory standard, with remaining work scheduled to be completed prior to the first home Championship fixture of the new year.

From January, displaced supporters will be entitled to return to their West Stand seats. Regardless of if you opted to relocate or accept the refund offered, your original seat has been reserved for you. You will be able to contact the Box Office from Wednesday 29th December, where staff will be able to assist you with the ‘moving back’ process. Of course, if you prefer to stay in your new seat you are most welcome to do so.

Chief Executive Officer, Khaled El-Ahmad said: “A proposed re-opening was always a goal the Club was working towards, and thanks to the hard work of our dedicated team, I’m pleased to say that this is now reality.

“Whilst this impacted all supporters, I want to particularly thank those who have been displaced by the closure. Although we deemed it a necessity, those that I have met over the last months were understanding and supportive.”

The Club remain in positive discussions with numerous stakeholders, including Barnsley Council, about further enhancements of Oakwell Stadium.

Barnsley FC would once again like to place on record its thanks to supporters for their patience and understanding during this challenging period.

Our first home game next season is in the Championship then lol !!!

Why didnt they say what their intentions were when they closed it?

Instead they would rather issue a series of lies and then when the shyte hits the fan and supporters protest they suddenly announce a reopening.

Anybody else smell the bullshyte?

Seems to me that Ahmad ez looked at the ooam fixture list for the rest of the season and has concluded that not many clubs are likely to fill the North Stand with fans so the stewards can go back to the West Stand.

Sheff U. Hudds, WBA, Stoke on Boxing Day gone. Waited to see if there was an attractive FA Cup draw.

All the warm words abart going back to the West Stand are just b0ll0cks. He must think fans are idiots and can be pillocked abart anything
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-12-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Why didnt they say what their intentions were when they closed it?

Instead they would rather issue a series of lies and then when the shyte hits the fan and supporters protest they suddenly announce a reopening.

Anybody else smell the bullshyte?
    I've definitely got a whiff of it Ethel.

Stinks to high heaven ! Next years Roses will be good! He must think that folk round here have S*?t for brains