+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillingham Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    I had a terrible feeling when Smithy missed that early header and thought it may bite us in the bum, fears got worse when Wiles gave the ball away again and the defence let Gillingham walk through them. I thought we may have been in for a long night of spoiling and time wasting. But this team is a different Rotherham and showed what they are made of, albeit after a rather scrappy first goal.
    Lovely second goal from Miller and he deserved the MOM, always looked dangerous and gets some good crosses in, the recruiting team have found another gem there.
    Contrary to previous comments i thought Icky wasn't at his best tonight and Wiles only really came into the game when they were down to 10 men. Nice to see Basil back to his busy best, and Barlaser is a joy to watch the way he makes himself a yard or two to open up for the pass. Freddie scored but also frustrated a bit again, although he did seem to put a bit more effort in second half. Chieo "what a player" they couldn't handle him but i don't think he managed one cross all game, his goal was a peach though and good on him.
    One point tonight though everyone seemed to want to get on the score sheet and were looking to shoot when a pass would have brought a certain goal, everyone except JJ Kayode who unselfishly laid it on a plate for Barlasers second, just as he did for Freddie against Sunderland, I hope his first Millers league goal isn't far away the lad deserves it and also deserves more game time in my opinion.
    Top of the league, my bets looking good, i think every other team are playiing for second place.
    Thought the ball from Freddie was poor rather than Wiles losing it for their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    I had a terrible feeling when Smithy missed that early header and thought it may bite us in the bum, fears got worse when Wiles gave the ball away again and the defence let Gillingham walk through them. I thought we may have been in for a long night of spoiling and time wasting. But this team is a different Rotherham and showed what they are made of, albeit after a rather scrappy first goal.
    Lovely second goal from Miller and he deserved the MOM, always looked dangerous and gets some good crosses in, the recruiting team have found another gem there.
    Contrary to previous comments i thought Icky wasn't at his best tonight and Wiles only really came into the game when they were down to 10 men. Nice to see Basil back to his busy best, and Barlaser is a joy to watch the way he makes himself a yard or two to open up for the pass. Freddie scored but also frustrated a bit again, although he did seem to put a bit more effort in second half. Chieo "what a player" they couldn't handle him but i don't think he managed one cross all game, his goal was a peach though and good on him.
    One point tonight though everyone seemed to want to get on the score sheet and were looking to shoot when a pass would have brought a certain goal, everyone except JJ Kayode who unselfishly laid it on a plate for Barlasers second, just as he did for Freddie against Sunderland, I hope his first Millers league goal isn't far away the lad deserves it and also deserves more game time in my opinion.
    Top of the league, my bets looking good, i think every other team are playiing for second place.

From where I was sat Ladapo lost ball for their goal. Our two wingers Chieo not most of the time but can beat a man but no end product. Miller hardly can beat a man but odd time can put a good cross in.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    From where I was sat Ladapo lost ball for their goal. Our two wingers Chieo not most of the time but can beat a man but no end product. Miller hardly can beat a man but odd time can put a good cross in.

They both scored so.

Swings and roundabouts.

Their keeper Aaron Chapman is actually from Rotherham.
    Everything's been said on the performance which was great so I,ll just have a whinge about the attendance.
    Less than 8k in the home end for a team at the top of the league is poor

Tony and Paul and the players deserve more than that
    Last edited by flourbasher; 07-12-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Interesting video with highlights from a Gillingham fan:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwGpNj8Omw

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Their keeper Aaron Chapman is actually from Rotherham.
    Everything's been said on the performance which was great so I,ll just have a whinge about the attendance.
    Less than 8k in the home end for a team at the top of the league is poor

Tony and Paul and the players deserve more than that
    Too cold pal

It's tight up the top.

No gap opening up points wise.

According to there forum. Several Gills fans think we are a bang AVG side and no idea how were top of the leagie. until one poster pointed out 1 shot Vs 28 shots and 5 goals, should have been 6 against

One poster even commented he though the gills forwards looked more lively that the millers forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Interesting video with highlights from a Gillingham fan:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qwGpNj8Omw
    Having been out tonight I have come home and been able to watch a thoroughly entertaining video from German Gills who were complimentary about us and is certainly worth watching. I wish we had something similar. Well done and thank you for the link.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast