+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Gillingham Post Match Thoughts

Wonder if them that are getting upset over a few comments are the early leavers

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Be good if fans chanted/clapped more through games, nowhere near has good as it use to be imo
    We lost our chanting when we went to DVS it's never been the same since the old Tivoli dyas.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    We lost our chanting when we went to DVS it's never been the same since the old Tivoli dyas.
    Do you mean when the Tiv was standing Jake ? as I remember there being grumbles about atmosphere as soon as Millmoor was seated and also have you forgotten the early years at the NY, the place was rocking, just about every player had a song and the atmosphere generally brilliant. Got to say the Gillingham game was bizarre, can only put it down to the second half being so one sided ?

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    Do you mean when the Tiv was standing Jake ? as I remember there being grumbles about atmosphere as soon as Millmoor was seated and also have you forgotten the early years at the NY, the place was rocking, just about every player had a song and the atmosphere generally brilliant. Got to say the Gillingham game was bizarre, can only put it down to the second half being so one sided ?
    Yes we lost it a bit when the seats went in, but DVS was a graveyard where we were always outsung by the opposition. Yes NY did rock but not like the old Millmoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What a poor comparison. Having been to many movies I’ve never seen anyone leave before the end of a movie.
    That's my point. People don't do it because it isn't acceptable and would be considered bad manners. Live theatre is probably a more direct comparison because there are both 'players' and other audience members to consider. So what's the difference? Is there one?

guy who used to sit a few seats away from me would leave at half time in the championship when we were getting hammered, he used to get a bit hot under the collar ....it was funny watch
    Hing him blow up

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678