+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else see BPF have a blinder tonight in between the sticks ?

Anyone else see BPF have a blinder tonight in between the sticks ?

If it wasn’t for him , Wednesday would have been travelling back up to Yorkshire,empty handed. He really did have a brilliant game, including one stop he really had no right to make. Pompey really should have won it, but sometimes, no matter how hard you try, it’s not going to be your night. Good luck to him anyway. Wednesday are on a good run right now, and Man Of The Match BPF, has got something to do with that.

I didn't see it but good to hear he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    If it wasn’t for him , Wednesday would have been travelling back up to Yorkshire,empty handed. He really did have a brilliant game, including one stop he really had no right to make. Pompey really should have won it, but sometimes, no matter how hard you try, it’s not going to be your night. Good luck to him anyway. Wednesday are on a good run right now, and Man Of The Match BPF, has got something to do with that.
    I watched the whole game, sound turned off whilst listening to my vinyl, and I had a great night,
    BPF had an excellent game and deservedly got the man of the match and I was very pleased for him.
    A word too for the officials who did extremely well in what was not an easy game played in difficult conditions.
    Sam Purkiss, the referee, was on top of play and in good positions to make the key decisions, including the red card for Luongo, although I thought that he was a little unfortunate with the challenge but that is the modern game.

League One game which was good to watch and made even better because there was absolutely no outside interference!

The pies in Sheffield must be rather tasty...

Attachment 20504

BT, whatever was in those pies obviously did him a world of good !!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I watched the whole game, sound turned off whilst listening to my vinyl, and I had a great night,
    BPF had an excellent game and deservedly got the man of the match and I was very pleased for him.
    A word too for the officials who did extremely well in what was not an easy game played in difficult conditions.
    Sam Purkiss, the referee, was on top of play and in good positions to make the key decisions, including the red card for Luongo, although I thought that he was a little unfortunate with the challenge but that is the modern game.

League One game which was good to watch and made even better because there was absolutely no outside interference!
    SS, I have just purchased another hi fi system after a long gap, and dusted down my vinyl collection to start playing some of my old favourite, including some that i’d Forgotten about. It’s also good to study the album covers once again, which was part of the attraction for me all those years ago !! The start of a new adventure !!

It is a little known fact except to those who like me were brought up in Portsmouth that their football ground backwards is Nottarf Krap. BPF was however on the other hand rather good.

I must admit I was a bit baffled, after we'd let him go to Wednesday, that Will Norris walked through the door. I assumed Will must be better, but he looked like someone they'd just spotted down Towneley. Dysfunctional remains the best description of our recruitment team.

Our son was mascot for Portsmouth in the late 80’s. Alan Ball was manager at the time. Top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I must admit I was a bit baffled, after we'd let him go to Wednesday, that Will Norris walked through the door. I assumed Will must be better, but he looked like someone they'd just spotted down Towneley. Dysfunctional remains the best description of our recruitment team.
    You are not the only one, sinkov. I have given up trying to understand the recruitment policy.

Not that long ago we had Tom Heaton, Nick Pope, Joe Hart and a former Man Ewe goalie whose name I forget. I imagine the current situation is more about getting the wage bill down in that department, than building for the future. I am guessing that Tom, Nick, Joe and A N Other cost a lot more than Nick, Wayne and Will. I am assuming that Wednesday are paying BFP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)