+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

A gulf bigger than the Pacific and Atlantic combined between these sides.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    A gulf bigger than the Pacific and Atlantic combined between these sides.
    Sadly you are right. I don’t think a single England player would get in the current Australian side. The fact that they can bring a player in from the cold and he scored 2 hundreds tells us how strong they are. We bring in Hameed and he struggles to get a 50 runs in 6 innings.
    Even the bowling departments are miles apart.
    I would love England to go to Australia just once in my life time and make them suffer with a battery of quick bowlers that can bowl serious pace. Instead we send a bunch of plodders, where if it doesn’t swing they are largely ineffective.

Difference is that we can’t keep our pace bowlers fit. Why is it that we always start an Ashes series with key fast bowlers injured and Australia appear never to?

We went into this series with our two fastest bowlers unfit, Archer crocked and Wood having played no cricket due to injury.

The bowling is only a small part of the problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    8 innings for a total of 79 runs...an average of 9.87. That’s nearly ten, so cause for hope in the future.
    Hameed is dreadful. Truly dreadful. Not remotely good enough to warrant a place anywhere in a Test batting order, let alone opening. I can only imagine they've kept him around to make all our other crap batsmen look slightly better!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Hameed is dreadful. Truly dreadful. Not remotely good enough to warrant a place anywhere in a Test batting order, let alone opening. I can only imagine they've kept him around to make all our other crap batsmen look slightly better!
    Whilst that may be true. He really needs to be given a proper chance.

Half a dozen games opening against India and Australia is hardly fair to write off a 24 year old, since his long absence.

The guy the are talking about replacing him with, Burns averages only 12.75 on this tour and has had the benefit of years of confidence building and central contract improvement.

Unless he’s mentally shot, England should persist with Hamed at least into the summer.

Keeping him in the side in his present form would do nothing for his confidence, he should be taken out of the firing line and probably given another chance against a lesser team to help build his confidence.!

Had them on the ropes at 3 for bugger all, dropped Loose Bus Change and consequently missed their chance again. Par for this wicket is 200 and 250 a good score....already 5-216. Watch them rip through the Poms when they bat.
    Last edited by ForeignLegion; 14-01-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Had them on the ropes at 3 for bugger all, dropped Loose Bus Change and consequently missed their chance again. Par for this wicket is 200 and 250 a good score....already 5-216. Watch them rip through the Poms when they bat.
    Personally I think a massive shallacking awaits the Poms. Aus always have someone who will dig them out of a hole it seems and they managed it yet again yesterday. Rumour has it Djokovic is rowing out of Port Philip Bay across the Tasman to shore up our rear guard.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Personally I think a massive shallacking awaits the Poms. Aus always have someone who will dig them out of a hole it seems and they managed it yet again yesterday. Rumour has it Djokovic is rowing out of Port Philip Bay across the Tasman to shore up our rear guard.

Felt a bit sorry for Burns with the run out...they are that desperate to get off the mark now, that they will take ridiculous risks.

Felt a bit sorry for Burns with the run out...they are that desperate to get off the mark now, that they will take ridiculous risks.
    There was a run there though. It was the initial ‘no’ from Crawley that stitched up Burnes.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast