+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    According to the BBC Root was correct in opting to bat. Well I don't think that decision took into account the psychological ramifications of a complete collapse on day 1 of 5 tests and the ongoing impact that will have on a team that wasn't up to standard in the first place!

Correct decision if you have top order batsmen that don't play like they're p!ssed on the village green on a Sunday. However, Pope and Buttler may yet rectify the situation.

Or not

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Or not
    re-read the last 8 words of my final sentence mate.

We are dreadful at batting. The only surprise is we rallied to a mediocre 147.
    I watched the first 3 wickets fall and in that time the Ozzie commentators stated that Burns is the 2nd highest run scorer for England in 2021, with 400 or so. And Root was 1000 ahead of him. You can’t compete with the likes of Australia with a batting line up like ours that is all over the place and who can’t leave the ball.
    I can see us getting a couple early tonight but then Smith and Labashane will show everyone how to bat.

Whilst 147 is a very disappointing total, (following a bizarre choice to bat first), having seen the highlights, I think given similar batting conditions today, we could dismiss them for a total resembling parity. This requires us to bowl and field as well as Australia did though.
    I thought apart from the two wickets, taken to very good catches, at long leg. There was not much our batsmen could do with the rest of the wickets, aside from Burns.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Whilst 147 is a very disappointing total, (following a bizarre choice to bat first), having seen the highlights, I think given similar batting conditions today, we could dismiss them for a total resembling parity. This requires us to bowl and field as well as Australia did though.
    I thought apart from the two wickets, taken to very good catches, at long leg. There was not much our batsmen could do with the rest of the wickets, aside from Burns.

Not much good if you keep bowling no balls. One of these two will get the 147 on their own.

Do you want me to get your coat for you!

Yes please QP, but as a get out, I did say if batting conditions remained the same 😁

Everything about the first 2 days has been negative. I can accept rustiness but some of the performances have not been County level let along Test level.
    We won the toss and batted, on a green wicket with rain about. We then got blown away.
    The next day it’s as perfect as can be for Australia. No Broad or Anderson. Stokes bowling Warner with a no ball. Burnes dropping a sitter. Leach being hammered all over Brisbane. Stokes being injured.
    It’s just as bad a first 2 days as we could have possibly had. Had we bowled first who knows. The scores could be reversed. Australia might have made a better fist of it batting first but what I do doubt is that England wouldn’t have lost inside 3 possibly 3 1/2 days.
    The test team has been a shambles for a few years and the batting line up is generally bang average. Root aside.

Yes please QP, but as a get out, I did say if batting conditions remained the same ��
    Noted Magpies. Was a bit sunnier yesterday granted. its a pity our captain seems unable to read a medium range weather forecast isn't it.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast