+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    That's not very Christian of you !
    I would simply put a bounty on their heads.
    Blighmey, Lunas, I am impressed by your charitable response. Can we agree that all, apart from Mark Wood, should be keelhauled or is that too extreme a punishment for you?

I watched most of the T20 game against the West Indies last night, and even though we've changed continents and virtually the whole team, the transition was seamless. A pitiful display of batting, we were never in the game and ended up being absolutely hammered.

What makes it worse is that the Aussies were a fairly good team, whereas the Windies aren't. The second of the five game series is tonight, and even though we can't be that bad again, the 7/5 on a Windies win looks tempting.

We know England have a good white ball side this series is about giving fringe players a go.

I will keep saying what Boycott has always said you cant just get off a plane and expect to perform without warm up games.

I know Sky say it is the modern way and it is to be fair we saw a reverse when we hammered WI/Pakistan the other year.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Blighmey, Lunas, I am impressed by your charitable response. Can we agree that all, apart from Mark Wood, should be keelhauled or is that too extreme a punishment for you?
    They are worth their weight in breadfruit.

36/0 becomes 40/2. A mere blip or the start of a collapse?

I think the batsmen have for once done their bit by posting a challenging target of 172.

If the bowlers perform anywhere close to their potential, it should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the batsmen have for once done their bit by posting a challenging target of 172.

If the bowlers perform anywhere close to their potential, it should be enough.
    55 - 5 off 10. Surely we won't mess this up.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    nearly!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Well, we tried our very best! Some utterly brainless bowling at the end allowed their 8th wicket pair to score 72 runs off less than five overs. The last over from Mahmood was possibly the worst death over I've ever seen bowled in this format despite there being no pressure on him. Every ball was either a wide or put just in the right place for the batsman to have a swing. Thankfully Reece Topley kept his head. This should have been a 40 run win rather than a 1 run win. It's a win, but a win that almost feels like a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Well, we tried our very best! Some utterly brainless bowling at the end allowed their 8th wicket pair to score 72 runs off less than five overs. The last over from Mahmood was possibly the worst death over I've ever seen bowled in this format despite there being no pressure on him. Every ball was either a wide or put just in the right place for the batsman to have a swing. Thankfully Reece Topley kept his head. This should have been a 40 run win rather than a 1 run win. It's a win, but a win that almost feels like a defeat.
    Never in doubt!

Agree with all you say though.

Must admit that I fell asleep when they had about 8 overs left. When I woke up .... we had won by 1 run. Ran it back to watch the last couple of overs. We did our very best to lose it, just weren't quite good enough.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast