+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Noted Magpies. Was a bit sunnier yesterday granted. its a pity our captain seems unable to read a medium range weather forecast isn't it.

Will they drag it into Saturday? The Gabba management must be rapt; all that potential $$$ lost over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Will they drag it into Saturday? The Gabba management must be rapt; all that potential $$$ lost over the weekend.
    They get the last big sporting event out of the way before the border opens with NSW. They will be happy about that.

I think that there may be a token session tomorrow morning. No rain forecast now until later Sunday so that won't save us. Did you know the Eumundi Lager is now on tap at the Gabba!

Off to bed now ..... wouldn't be surprised to wake up to find we have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    They get the last big sporting event out of the way before the border opens with NSW. They will be happy about that.

I think that there may be a token session tomorrow morning. No rain forecast now until later Sunday so that won't save us. Did you know the Eumundi Lager is now on tap at the Gabba!

Don't think I've had the pleasure of that hydroponically crafted drink. I'm down in Brizzy/Goldie at Xmas so I'll hunt it down and review.

Root is batting very well, Malian still looks a little shaky against spin.

We are making a fight of it and this will help for the rest of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Root is batting very well, Malian still looks a little shaky against spin.

We are making a fight of it and this will help for the rest of the series.
    Pleased to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Pleased to be wrong!
    Good day for England

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Good day for England
    Very pleasant surprise to wake up this morning with England only 2 down in their second innings and that thanks to good batting rather than any rain delay. Long way to go in this game, but there is still hope. Watched the first hour or so of day 3 and thought that Starc and Head were making batting look comfortable but never thought that England would be able to do something similar.

Watched up to the first drink’s break of day 2 and thought England’s bowling was decent and, with a bit of luck, could have had Australia 40 for 3 rather than 40-1. I assume that immediately after I finished watching Jack Leitch then entered into the attack and was promptly clobbered to all parts.

As Notts fans everywhere know it is the hope that kills us but we can only wait to see what day 4 will bring.

Spent a very nice afternoon loafing on the sofa watching the cricket after a long lunch in Noosa. Bloody great stuff England. If we only lose 1 wicket by lunch tomorrow it will be game on. However I can't see it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post

As Notts fans everywhere know it is the hope that kills us but we can only wait to see what day 4 will bring.
    Exactly!

Good to see we showed a bit of something to stay in the game. Fingers crossed day 4 & 5 will be competitive

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast